Re: [phpXperts] PHP 5.3 Released

  • Lenin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2009
      I have compiled 5.3 in my fresh ubuntu 9.04 yesterday. will be practicing the latest features and comparisons next couple of weeks. :)

      downloaded the ~9mb tar.bz2 and then  ./configure && make  then  sudo make install. et voila!

      On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 4:34 PM, S. M. Ibrahim Lavlu <me@...> wrote:

      thanks for sharing this info. but i think it's best practice to also share the link :-)

      anyway, anyone trying it ?

      On Jul 2, 2009, at 11:23 AM, Rubeel Zo wrote:

      The PHP development team has released PHP 5.3.0. This new release has some major improvements and includes a large number of new features.

      Some of the key new features include: namespaces, late static binding, closures, optional garbage collection for cyclic references and much more.

      For users upgrading from PHP 5.2 there is a migration guide available, detailing the changes between those releases and PHP 5.3.

      ---
      Rubeel
      www.jzom.com

      s. m. ibrahim (lavlu)
      web application developer
      somewherein...

      developer:
      (first bangla blog engine & running in 100% unicode)