Re: [phpXperts] newbie question

  • kajol abc
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 29, 2009
      hi,
      you can redirect to other page by using header() function in php or  window.location='' in javascript. if u count the number of user then u can use mod(%) to redirect the visitor to his destination page.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 29, 2009
        I'm writing from an s40 series mobile so I'll be brief. The problem
        you described, can be solved without ajax call. You can do it right
        from Php. Just display the page while counting the page.

        On 6/29/09, redalice734 <redalice734@...> wrote:
        > I'm trying to write a script that, on click, will call the number of
        > visitors from a counter and redirect the visitor to a page based on which #
        > they are: visitor 1 goes to page a, visitor 2 goes to page b and so on.
        > There are only 4 pages, so it needs to loop.
        >
        > Before I was clear on what was needed, I had originally written an array in
        > javascript that would call the pages up randomly but that's not what the
        > customer wants. Frankly, I'm pretty darn lost; I've never done any coding
        > in php before, only javascript. I have a database set up and I think I can
        > work out a decent counter script, but I don't know how to get javascript to
        > call the php results. Any pointers or even a clue would be helpful.
        >
        > Thanks in advance,
        >
        > -d

      • maSnun
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 29, 2009
          I'm also on mobile.

          You can use a text file to count the visitors. And use the header
          function of php to automatically redirect users.

          <?php header("Location: page3.php "); ?> would redirect the user to page3.php.

          --
          Abu Ashraf Masnun
          Grad Student, BBA,
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 29, 2009