How i get logged in user list

  • Sohel
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2009
      Hi experts,
                       I want to show logged in user in my site.It is possible for me create a table.When user log in insert value this table.And when logout delete user id.but many of user do not logout,they simply close the browser.Then it is not possible for me to track those users.

      So please give me idea to solve this problem.

      Hasan
      SSL Wireless

    • Kazi Mohammad Ekram
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2009
        I think you can add another field in your database the loginTime. When a user visit each site update the loginTime to current time. and if a user doesn't access any page within 20 minute then delete that user from database. I hope by this you can keep track. But this is not only the soution. May be there is more effecient way to do that.

        Kazi Mohammad Ekram
        Junior Web Programmer

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 31, 2009
          You can do it easily using session.

          If you want to use database table instead of flat file just use session_set_save_handler function.

          It will solve your problem nicely. :)

          A.N.M. Saiful Islam
          Software Engineer
          Future Group Limited