Re: [phpexperts] i want to know the how to get the in built unique id in mysql

  • Md. Ashraful Anam
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2005

      Just create a ID field as AUTO_INCREMENT. Say the table structure is:

      CREATE TABLE `news` (
        `id` int(6) NOT NULL default '0' AUTO_INCREMENT,
        `edate` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00',
        `news_type` tinyint(1) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
        `title` varchar(125) NOT NULL default '',
        `news` text NOT NULL,
        `filedata` longblob,
        `filename` varchar(140) NOT NULL,
        `filesize` varchar(50) NOT NULL,
        `filetype` varchar(60) NOT NULL,
        PRIMARY KEY `id`
      ) TYPE=MyISAM;

      the id field will be autogenerated here. After a insert query u can find this id with the function mysql_insert_id();

          -Russell.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2005

        No way man. I've also tried. In this case, Oracle and MySQL is different like many other cases.
        Rupom

        nalin_krish <nalin_krish@...> wrote:

        hi,

        i want to know how to get the inbuilt unique id in mysql similar to
        the rowid in oracle.

        Visit ProjectsHosted, online directory for PHP software : http://dev6.php5.nedlinux.com

        Discover Yahoo!

      • mizanur rahman
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2005
          well that will creat row id , just for the tables. not
          for the whole database. you can use postgre sql ,
          postgre have this feature which is known as OID

          thanks

          http://mail.yahoo.com