How to post a problem

  • shiplu
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2008
      Hello,
      May be this is my thread in phpexperts. I thought Its necessary so I
      started this thread.
      Okay. Lets come to the point.
      You got a problem in your code. and you dont know how to solve it. so
      you come to this group (can be other group too). Ask help from other
      guys.
      You need a quick solution. So how do you post a problem so that it'll
      be solved quickly and the thread wont be so long??

      There are ways. I'm saying some rules. if you follow you'll surely get
      your problem solved very quickly. Dont think these are rules of
      phpexperts group. Its just common sense.
      Okay. Here goes.

      If you are dealing with a piece of code that is not working as its
      expected you should follow some extra information about it.
      a) The code itself. If it contains crucial information make a
      prototype and send the code
      b) Input of the code that will be passed to it.
      c) Output of the code you expect
      d) Output of the code its currently giving to you.
      e) How are you running the code? Is it running by apache module, CGI,
      FastCGI or from CLI?
      f) Name and Version of your OS, Web Server, browser, database etc.

      If you provide, It'll be very helpful for others who will analyze your code.

      A K M Mokaddim
      http://talk.cmyweb.net
      http://twitter.com/shiplu
      Stop Top Posting !!
    • ssdtanay
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2008
        Yeah I think this are common sense because if you don't provide with
        the code, then they can't help quickly. They will ask you back for the
        code and this will go back and forth as time passes.

        Thanks for the admins for this gorup, it is really great.