1531Re: [phpexperts] Re: PROJECT

  • Md. Rafiqul Islam
    Jul 5, 2005
      Hi Xperts

      May I ask u what type of database u r using?

      If it is oracle then u can create "role"  and assign several privileges to that role.

      Just assign this role to a user will get a group of previleges.

      However if u use MySql then I don't know wheather current version of MySql 5 supporting this facility or not.

      if role is not supported in Mysql then you may construct same structure as oracle by creating table and apply it to the the user.

      Regards
      Md Rafiqul Islam (Rafiq)

      "Md. Shahadat Hossain Khan" <razonklnbd@...> wrote:
      Hello Santanu,
      I didn't help you with code. But i can share with you about this matter. You need to use following table to maintain it...
      a. User
      b. Groups
      c. user_group (relation table between user and group)
      d. Permission
      e. user_permission (relation table between user and permission)
      f. group_permission (relation table between group and permission)
      Thanks
      Razon

      santanu bhattacharyya <santanu186@...> wrote:
      Hello Friends,
                             I am working in a Open Spurce Product called DOT PROJECT.I like to add Group facility there so that a particaular permission can be assigned group wise Otherwise we have to add permissions to each user individually.

      I cannot undersatnd how to do it ? If any body can help me with coding regarding this matter then I can implment it.Or you can give me any URL where I can get this type of code.

      Thanks in advance.

      Regards
      Santanu

      Free antispam, antivirus and 1GB to save all your messages
      Only in Yahoo! Mail: http://in.mail.yahoo.com

      http://mail.yahoo.com

      Visit ProjectsHosted, online directory for PHP software : http://dev6.php5.nedlinux.com