1482Re: How can I check that my browser is JS enabled

  • ( *_* )
    Jul 2, 2005
      Ok, rupom there are many ways to check the weather target browser is
      JavaScript enabled or disabled. Some are already posted in this forum.
      Omar Al Zabi shows another easy trick in his post (Message no 1468)

      And PHP have a built in function get_browser() but need some
      configuration directives. So you need to access the PHP ini file which
      is not possible all the time if you use shared hosting.

      It is good thinking to make your web application as stable as
      possible. Consider the condition you write a php script that is ok
      when PHP's magic_quotes_gpc configuration is turn on but your hosting
      server make it off in their PHP configuration file. So you make some
      change in your script and now it's ok to deal with that new server
      configuration. After several months you need to change your hosting
      company and found new PHP configuration that doesn't match with your
      needs. And so …. .

      But isn't it butter to code such way that will work ok in both
      configuration or not depend on any configaration?

      You know your goal
      Choice is yours

      ( * _* ) Emon

      --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, Rupom <rupom_315@y...> wrote:

      > Emon Bhai & Razon Bhai,
      >
      > First time, i also was not able to work with the
      > default browscap.ini file. But after dowloading the
      > latest browscap.ini from
      > "http://www.garykeith.com/browsers/downloads.asp", I
      > was able to test and it returns all the values related
      > to the browser. I have tested it on localhost.
      >
      > I could not understand why we need to show an extra
      > page?And why we need to check browser silently in the
      > client side? Please make me clear. I will also try to
      > implement it online.
      >
      > Waiting for ur responses.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Rupom
      > --- "( *_* )" <ekramok@y...> wrote:
      >
      > > Thanks 4 ur information Razon, I refer this PHP
      > > function because Rupom
      > > wants to know is there any function in PHP which can
      > > be use to check
      > > this property (see below: rupom's post). I just want
      > > inform him there
      > > is a function is PHP and he can give this a try, so
      > > I just give the
      > > link to the manual.
      > > But ur information will help others' to check out;
      > > also rupom himself.
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > > ( *_* )Emon
      > >
      > > --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, "Md. Shahadat
      > > Hossain Khan"
      > > <razonklnbd@y...> wrote:
      > > > Hello Emon,
      > > > If you want to use get_browser() function you need
      > > browscap.ini file.
      > > > And here you need to view your client a extra
      > > page. You need to check
      > > > browser silently from your client. I think this is
      > > not possible with
      > > > this get_browser() function...! But i am not sure
      > > cause i can't check
      > > > this function at my server
      > > (www.suchona.com/test/get_growser.php) for
      > > > browscap.ini file. Yes the advantage of this
      > > function is that once you
      > > > able to execute that function you will get all the
      > > information..!
      > > > Thanks & don't mind its my opinion
      > > >
      > > > Razon
      > > >
      > > > --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, "( *_* )"