Problems in getting greek data from ORACLE by using PHP

  • roccos6969
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 6, 2001
      Hi,
      I'm trying to get some data from a table in Oracle by using PHP.
      The table contains greek words (I can see them by using a greek-
      configurated PC).
      But when I run my simple PHP script the chars are not shown (I can
      see just ????? or ###### or things like that)

      What kind of configuration I missed?
      What kind of variables should I set?

      The code is:
      -----
      $conn = ocilogon("PS", "password", $ORACLE_SID);
      $statement = ociparse($conn, "SELECT LLN_NODE_NAME_GR FROM
      LEASED_LINE_NODE ORDER BY LLN_NODE_NAME_GR");
      ociexecute($statement);

      while (OCIFetchInto($statement,&$data_curs)) {

      echo $data_curs[0]\n";
      }

      OCIFreeStatement($statement);
      OCILogoff ($conn);
      -----

      Thank you in advance,
      Cristiano
    • aris tzafalia
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 6, 2001
        is the document encoding set to greek in the page that
        displays the data?

        --- roccos6969 <roccos6969@...> wrote: > Hi,
        > I'm trying to get some data from a table in Oracle
        > by using PHP.
        > The table contains greek words (I can see them by
        > using a greek-
        > configurated PC).
        > But when I run my simple PHP script the chars are
        > not shown (I can
        > see just ????? or ###### or things like that)
        >
        > What kind of configuration I missed?
        > What kind of variables should I set?
        >
        > The code is:
        > -----
        > $conn = ocilogon("PS", "password", $ORACLE_SID);
        > $statement = ociparse($conn, "SELECT
        > LLN_NODE_NAME_GR FROM
        > LEASED_LINE_NODE ORDER BY LLN_NODE_NAME_GR");
        > ociexecute($statement);
        >
        > while (OCIFetchInto($statement,&$data_curs)) {
        >
        > echo $data_curs[0]\n";
        > }
        >
        > OCIFreeStatement($statement);
        > OCILogoff ($conn);
        > -----
        >
        > Thank you in advance,
        > Cristiano

        Nokia 5510 looks weird sounds great.
        Go to http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/nokia/ discover and win it!
        The competition ends 16 th of December 2001.
      • roccos6969
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 6, 2001
          Thanks,
          but I'm speaking about PHP script not-used by apache but directly
          from command line.

          I launch it in this way: php script.php
          and I see the wrong results (the greek chars are not displayed in the
          correct way, I've just ?????)

          I tried to add the meta you suggested and see the page from the web
          by using apache. No good results :-(

          Cristiano

        • roccos6969
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 6, 2001
            As I answered to another reply I'm not using the php for web pages
            but just as a script from command line.

            I call it in this way: php script.php
            The results are not OK.

            I'm using a greek PC from which I can see greek chars.
            For example if I use SQLPLUS and I perform the same SELECT I see the
            right chars!

            Cristiano

            --- In php_greek@y..., aris tzafalia <tzafalia@y...> wrote:
            > is the document encoding set to greek in the page that
            > displays the data?
            >

            > --- roccos6969 <roccos6969@y...> wrote: > Hi,
            > > I'm trying to get some data from a table in Oracle
            > > by using PHP.
            > > The table contains greek words (I can see them by
            > > using a greek-
            > > configurated PC).
            > > But when I run my simple PHP script the chars are
            > > not shown (I can
            > > see just ????? or ###### or things like that)
            > >
            > > What kind of configuration I missed?
            > > What kind of variables should I set?
            > >
            > > The code is:
            > > -----
            > > $conn = ocilogon("PS", "password", $ORACLE_SID);
            > > $statement = ociparse($conn, "SELECT
            > > LLN_NODE_NAME_GR FROM
            > > LEASED_LINE_NODE ORDER BY LLN_NODE_NAME_GR");
            > > ociexecute($statement);
            > >
            > > while (OCIFetchInto($statement,&$data_curs)) {
            > >
            > > echo $data_curs[0]\n";
            > > }
            > >
            > > OCIFreeStatement($statement);
            > > OCILogoff ($conn);
            > > -----
            > >
            > > Thank you in advance,
            > > Cristiano

            > Nokia 5510 looks weird sounds great.
            > Go to http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/nokia/ discover and win it!
            > The competition ends 16 th of December 2001.
          • Philip Serefoglou
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 6, 2001
              Try to use :

[...]

              -->php_greek-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com