Re: How to acess flv files stored on a flash media server through php

  • abhijith_babu
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 19, 2006
      Hi all

      Sorry for responding late.
      I had solved my problem .I mailed the flash media server assitance
      to change our account to an sftp account,it wont cost any to do so

      And by changing it to sftp account ,i could easily download it to
      your server by php code to connect to sftp and download it

      You need SSH2 installed on your server to use this code to connect
      to sftp account and download it. So installed SSH2 too

      You could find more about SSH2 here
      http://in2.php.net/manual/en/ref.ssh2.php

      Thanks for all your help guys

      Abhi

      --- In phpKeralaUg@yahoogroups.com, "abhijith_babu"
      <abhijith_babu@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > application is stored temperorily on flash media server.and its
      > downloaded stored temeperorily on our server and after convertion
      > the mp4 version is uplaoded to amazon s3 storage and flv version
      is
      > deleted.
      > The problem lies in the fact that the files cant be retrieved from
      > flash media server.it is inaccessible.the url will look something
      > liek this rtmp://fcserver.domain.com/app[/appinstance]
      > and if u type the url in ur browser we cant get the flv .I want a
      > way of downloading this flv files on flash media server to our
      > server temperorily so that i can convert using my convert code
      >

      > I hope you understood what i need
      >
      > Thanks
      > Abhijith
      >
      > -- In phpKeralaUg@yahoogroups.com, "Najeem M" <info.msbc@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Dear Abhijith,Nigel here,
      > >
      > > Have you tried like this?
      > > [code]
      > > exec("path to converter/flvconverter" "/path/path/file.flv"
      > > "path/path/file.mp4")
      > > [/code]
      > >
      > > rtmp://fcserver.domain.com/app[/appinstance]
      > >
      > > you need to have the file app location with path.
      > > If you have the both the converter software and the flv files in
      > the
      > > same server [I mean machine] ,it will work.
      > >
      > > All paths should be physical path and no urls.
      > >
      > > Hope it will help you some extent
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Nigel I
      > >
      > > --- In phpKeralaUg@yahoogroups.com, "abhijith_babu"
      > > <abhijith_babu@> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Dear najeem this is what im trying to achieve
      > > >
      > > > There is a flash application in the site which records videos
      > and
      > > > audios of users signed up on the site and he stores these
      > recordings
      > > > in flv format on a flash media server
      > > > we have ffmpeg installed on server
      > > >
      > > > rtmp://fcserver.domain.com/app[/appinstance]
      > > >
      > > > this is how the url to a flash media server will look like
      > > > Now i need to take the flv recordings from that flash media
      > server
      > > > and place it on my server so that by exec function and ffmpeg
      > can
      > > > convert it to mp4 .We do have RSS files created accordingly
      and
      > as u
      > > > know only mp4s can be played on ipods and not flv
      > > >
      > > > The problem im having is i cant donwload flv files from flash
      > media
      > > > server to my server. i do have written php code to convert the
      > file
      > > > stored on our server to mp4 but im not able to download the
      file
      > > > from flash media server
      > > > url to flv file will look something like this
      > > >
      > > > rtmp://fcserver.domain.com/app[/appinstance]
      > > >
      > > > Is there anyway to download that from flash media server to
      our
      > > > server using php .We are using influxis to store flv files

      ("/usr/local/bin/ffmpeg" "/path/path/file.mpeg" "/path/path/file.flv"