Re: [phpKerala] help needed with creating tar files.

  • prasad c
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 24, 2009
      actually i have not installed the tar binaries to tar other files on
      Windows, which lead to all the problems to execute commands. I tried your
      suggestions and the commands were perfect, now its alright.

      Thanks for your suggestion Praveen.
      regards
      Prasad C

      On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 11:42 AM, Praveen V <ninethsense@...> wrote:

      > Prasad,
      >
      > Can you try
      >
      > echo $cmd;
      >
      > before exec and check if anything unusual?
      >
      > Rgds
      > Praveen
      >
      > --- On Mon, 23/2/09, prasad c <prasadcnair@...<prasadcnair%40gmail.com>>
      > wrote:
      >
      > From: prasad c <prasadcnair@... <prasadcnair%40gmail.com>>
      > Subject: [phpKerala] help needed with creating tar files.
      > To: phpKeralaUg@yahoogroups.com <phpKeralaUg%40yahoogroups.com>
      > Date: Monday, 23 February, 2009, 6:43 PM
      >

      > Hi,
      > i need to create .tar files on my server ( LAN and localhost ), i have the
      > code that doest work fine,
      >
      > $output_file = "TAR_FOLDER\ \".trim($ file_name) .".tar"; // slash for
      > windows should be this one, i guess
      > $cmd = "tar -cf ".trim($output_ file)." -C ".trim($file_ path)."
      > ".trim($file_ name);
      > exec($cmd);
      >
      > this does not seem to work, any idea why.??
      >
      > I think this is the error with the program, as the tar files dont get
      > generated.
      >
      > any help is highly appreciated, i spent some hours on it.. :-)
      >
      > Prasad C

      Thanks n Regards
      Prasad C
      09946725488

      What is it in us that makes us feel the need to keep pretending...we gotta
      let ourselves be...