Re: [phpKerala] help needed with creating tar files.

  • Praveen V
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23, 2009
      Prasad,

      Can you try

      echo $cmd;

      before exec and check if anything unusual?

      Rgds
      Praveen

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 24, 2009
        actually i have not installed the tar binaries to tar other files on
        Windows, which lead to all the problems to execute commands. I tried your
        suggestions and the commands were perfect, now its alright.

        Thanks for your suggestion Praveen.
        regards
        Prasad C

        On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 11:42 AM, Praveen V <ninethsense@...> wrote:

        > Prasad,
        >
        > Can you try
        >
        > echo $cmd;
        >
        > before exec and check if anything unusual?
        >
        > Rgds
        > Praveen
        >
        > --- On Mon, 23/2/09, prasad c <prasadcnair@...<prasadcnair%40gmail.com>>
        > wrote:
        >
        > From: prasad c <prasadcnair@... <prasadcnair%40gmail.com>>
        > Subject: [phpKerala] help needed with creating tar files.
        > To: phpKeralaUg@yahoogroups.com <phpKeralaUg%40yahoogroups.com>
        > Date: Monday, 23 February, 2009, 6:43 PM
        >

        > Hi,
        > i need to create .tar files on my server ( LAN and localhost ), i have the
        > code that doest work fine,
        >
        > $output_file = "TAR_FOLDER\ \".trim($ file_name) .".tar"; // slash for
        > windows should be this one, i guess
        > $cmd = "tar -cf ".trim($output_ file)." -C ".trim($file_ path)."
        > ".trim($file_ name);
        > exec($cmd);
        >
        > this does not seem to work, any idea why.??
        >
        > I think this is the error with the program, as the tar files dont get
        > generated.
        >
        > any help is highly appreciated, i spent some hours on it.. :-)
        >
        > Prasad C

        Thanks n Regards
        Prasad C
        09946725488

        What is it in us that makes us feel the need to keep pretending...we gotta
        let ourselves be...