About shifting to another technology

  • shijothomas
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7, 2008
      Hi All,
                  I am a 3.4
      year experienced PHP programmer. Now my company want me to shift to .NET
      technology, which I am completely unaware of. I need some opinion and
      suggestions from you all about, how easy it will be to study .NET, is it good
      for my career ???. Please do write your opinion about it.

      Thanks & Regards,
      Shijo

    • Praveen V
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 7, 2008
        Hi Shijo,

        First.. why your company want you to move to .NET? Is it because company is stopping PHP? If not, and if you are one of the key employee there, then it is a good move.

        Expertise in multiple technologies are always good. But make sure you are not permanently stopping PHP programming.

        If company is going to concentrate more on .NET and dropping PHP, then it is bad. Better try for good opportunities in other companies.

        >> how easy it will be to study .NET
        Since you already have 3+ year knowledge in PHP, it will be very for you to start .NET programming.

        Best Regards
        Praveen