running number from a common pool...

  • Arun G Nair
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 18, 2007
      hi friends..

      in an LAMP application i am taking a running number from a common pool and the clients r doing data entries from 100s of nodes...all of these clients take a running number from the above sair pool..

      the logic is a person will select a number nd uses it nd he increments it with 1 and update the pool...

      my doubt is that what will happen if more than 1 request comes at a single time? how ll be that number allotted frm the pool...

      I cant do record locking coz it may sometimes lead to dead lock..

      Regards
      Arun G Nair
      +919446308250