Re: [phpKerala] Session is preserving across browser tabs or windows

  • Praveen.V.Nair
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 23, 2007
      Dear Raj,

      It will be great if you can provide some sample code which demonstates
      sperate "sessions" on multiple tabs of the same browser.

      I faced the same situation in past and end-up in re-coding entire
      application to use 'database' to store (virtual) sessions instead of
      SESSIONS.

      Best Regards
      Praveen.

      --- In phpKeralaUg@yahoogroups.com, ArunRaj R <raj47i@...> wrote:

      > All i said was about maintaining multiple sessions (By default
      session handling framework ) on the same server. But you can surely
      solve your problem. PHP session handling in not that limited as we
      normally expect. you can override the default session handling by
      defining custom methods in php scripts. and all that are quite easy
      too. Or alternatively the signing in and registration process are
      different so treat them as different and your problem will get solved
      quite easily. i meant keep the logged in user's information in say
      $_SESSION['user'] = "username" and register the new user irrespective
      of the $_SESSION['user'] value. Then the problem will be that you
      can't sign in two different users at the same time. For that you must
      have to override the session handling functions and keep track of the
      client IP, session ID, your own assigned session id(recommend to pass
      it via the URL - even it alone can solve your problem). I am sure that
      some one else in
      > phpkerala will be able to provide you with more help. If you cant
      find much please give me a post at www.araj.in/board/ since wont check
      the this group mails more than once a month(I am a bit busy with
      current projects and maintanence of my website & forum at
      www.araj.in). The same was the reason for not replying to your posts
      this long.

      > Please go here to find out how to make use of different session
      handling methods.

      > http://hostprogressive.com/support/php_5_docs/ref.session.html
      >
      > http://in.php.net/session
      >

      > session_cache_expire — Return current cache
      expiresession_cache_limiter — Get and/or set the current cache
      limitersession_commit — Alias of session_write_close()session_decode —
      Decodes session data from a stringsession_destroy — Destroys all data
      registered to a sessionsession_encode — Encodes the current session
      data as a stringsession_get_cookie_params — Get the session cookie
      parameterssession_id — Get and/or set the current session
      idsession_is_registered — Find out whether a global variable is
      registered in a sessionsession_module_name — Get and/or set the
      current session modulesession_name — Get and/or set the current
      session namesession_regenerate_id —
      > Update the current session id with a newly generated one
      > session_register — Register one or more global variables with the
      current sessionsession_save_path — Get and/or set the current session
      save pathsession_set_cookie_params — Set the session cookie
      parameterssession_set_save_handler — Sets user-level session storage
      functionssession_start — Initialize session datasession_unregister —
      Unregister a global variable from the current sessionsession_unset —
      Free all session variablessession_write_close — Write session data and
      end session
      > have a nice day..
      >
      > Raj
      > [www.araj.in]

      align:right; padding-right: .5em;}

      > > #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
      >
      > > font-weight: bold;}
      >
      > > #ygrp-vital a {
      >
      > > text-decoration: none;}
      >

      > > #ygrp-vital a:hover{
      >
      > > text-decoration: underline; }
      >

      > > #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
      >
      > > color:#999;font- size:77%; }
      >
      > > #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
      >
      > > padding:6px 13px;background- color:#e0ecee; margin-bottom: 20px;}
      >
      > > #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
      >
      > > padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0; }
      >
      > > #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
      >
      > > list-style-type: square;padding: 6px 0;font-size: 77%;}
      >
      > > #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
      >
      > > text-decoration: none;font- size:130% ;}
      >
      > > #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
      >
      > > background-color: #eee;margin- bottom:20px; padding:0 8px;}
      >
      > > #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
      >
      > > padding:8px 0;}
      >
      > > #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
      >

      > font-family: Arial;font- weight:bold; color:#628c2a; font-size:
      100%;line- height:122% ;}

> [...]
      >
      > > o {font-size:0; }
      >
      > > .MsoNormal {
      >
      > > margin:0 0 0 0;}
      >
      > > #ygrp-text tt{
      >
      > > font-size:120% ;}
      >
      > > blockquote{margin: 0 0 0 4px;}
      >
      > > .replbq {margin:4;}
      >
      > > -->

      > > Once upon a time there was 1 GB storage in your inbox. To know
      >
      > the happy ending go to
      >
      > http://help. yahoo.com/ l/in/yahoo/ mail/yahoomail/ tools/tools- 08.html

      > <!--

      sans-serif;}
      clean, sans-serif;}
      > #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
      > #ygrp-text{
      > font-family:Georgia;
      > }
      > #ygrp-text p{
      > margin:0 0 1em 0;}
      > #ygrp-tpmsgs{
      > font-family:Arial;
      > clear:both;}
      > #ygrp-vitnav{
      > #ygrp-vitnav a{
      > padding:0 1px;}
      > #ygrp-actbar{
      > clear:both;margin:25px
      > #ygrp-actbar .left{
      > float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
      > .bld{font-weight:bold;}
      > #ygrp-grft{
      > #ygrp-ft{
      > padding:5px 0;
      > }
      > #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
      > padding-bottom:10px;}
      >
      > #ygrp-vital{
      > #ygrp-vital #vithd{

      > #ygrp-vital ul{
      > padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
      > #ygrp-vital ul li{
      > }
      > #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{

      > #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
      > font-weight:bold;}
      > #ygrp-vital a {
      > text-decoration:none;}
      >
      > #ygrp-vital a:hover{
      > text-decoration:underline;}
      >
      > #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
      > color:#999;font-size:77%;}
      > #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
      > #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
      > padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
      > #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
      > #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
      > text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
      > #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
      > #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
      > padding:8px 0;}
      > #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{

      > #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
      > text-decoration:none;}
      > #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
      > text-decoration:underline;}
      > #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
      > margin:0;}
      > o {font-size:0;}
      > .MsoNormal {
      > margin:0 0 0 0;}
      > #ygrp-text tt{
      > font-size:120%;}
      > blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
      > .replbq {margin:4;}
      > -->
      >

      > Once upon a time there was 1 GB storage in your inbox. To know

    • ArunRaj R
      Message 2 of 22 , Aug 24, 2007
        We cant maintain seperate PHP sessions in a browser simultaneously.
        But we can wrap the PHP session with another one say we create a new session id for each new session we need this is not same as session_id(); you hav to implement it. It is just an idea and i havent implemented it yet. If you are looking for some guides on custom session handling you can use the Professional PHP 5 from Wrox .

        Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. To know how, go to http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html