Re: [phpKerala] Session is preserving across browser tabs or windows

  • ArunRaj R
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 23, 2007
      All i said was about maintaining multiple sessions (By default session handling framework ) on the same server. But you can surely solve your problem. PHP session handling in not that limited as we normally expect. you can override the default session handling by defining custom methods in php scripts. and all that are quite easy too. Or alternatively the signing in and registration process are different so treat them as different and your problem will get solved quite easily. i meant keep the logged in user's information in say $_SESSION['user'] = "username" and register the new user irrespective of the $_SESSION['user'] value. Then the problem will be that you can't sign in two different users at the same time. For that you must have to override the session handling functions and keep track of the client IP, session ID, your own assigned session id(recommend to pass it via the URL - even it alone can solve your problem). I am sure that some one else in
      phpkerala will be able to provide you with more help. If you cant find much please give me a post at www.araj.in/board/ since wont check the this group mails more than once a month(I am a bit busy with current projects and maintanence of my website & forum at www.araj.in). The same was the reason for not replying to your posts this long.

      Please go here to find out how to make use of different session handling methods.

      http://hostprogressive.com/support/php_5_docs/ref.session.html

      http://in.php.net/session

      session_cache_expire — Return current cache expiresession_cache_limiter — Get and/or set the current cache limitersession_commit — Alias of session_write_close()session_decode — Decodes session data from a stringsession_destroy — Destroys all data registered to a sessionsession_encode — Encodes the current session data as a stringsession_get_cookie_params — Get the session cookie parameterssession_id — Get and/or set the current session idsession_is_registered — Find out whether a global variable is registered in a sessionsession_module_name — Get and/or set the current session modulesession_name — Get and/or set the current session namesession_regenerate_id —
      Update the current session id with a newly generated one
      session_register — Register one or more global variables with the current sessionsession_save_path — Get and/or set the current session save pathsession_set_cookie_params — Set the session cookie parameterssession_set_save_handler — Sets user-level session storage functionssession_start — Initialize session datasession_unregister — Unregister a global variable from the current sessionsession_unset — Free all session variablessession_write_close — Write session data and end session
      have a nice day..

      Raj
      [www.araj.in]

      Message 2 of 22 , Aug 23, 2007
        Dear Raj,

        It will be great if you can provide some sample code which demonstates
        sperate "sessions" on multiple tabs of the same browser.

        I faced the same situation in past and end-up in re-coding entire
        application to use 'database' to store (virtual) sessions instead of
        SESSIONS.

        Best Regards
        Praveen.

        Message 3 of 22 , Aug 24, 2007
          We cant maintain seperate PHP sessions in a browser simultaneously.
          But we can wrap the PHP session with another one say we create a new session id for each new session we need this is not same as session_id(); you hav to implement it. It is just an idea and i havent implemented it yet. If you are looking for some guides on custom session handling you can use the Professional PHP 5 from Wrox .

          Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. To know how, go to http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html