Re: [phpKeralaUg] Re: help needed for appending a file..

  • ArunRaj R
    Message 1 of 12 , May 2 9:36 PM
      dear raji,

      try these links...

      http://php-pdb.sourceforge.net/modules/doc.php

      http://forums.devarticles.com/php-development-48/merging-doc-files-with-php-6052.html

      dn't hesitate to ask for further help..
      I strongly recommend asking queries in the Forum.
      This will help to easily send/receive messages.
      Also if someone else have the same problem. they can read those from the forum..

      regards,
      Raj

    • raji skariah
      Message 2 of 12 , May 25 3:21 AM
        hello PHP experts,
        I am having a word file done by user 1,stored in the server(RedHat Linux).
        Then user 2 will take that file thru a VB interface and correct the mistakes in that file.
        user 2 will then upload that file to the same server but to a different location(user 2 will not replace the file done by user 1)
        Now, My requirement is to compare the file done by the user 1 with the file done by the user 2 when the user 2 uploads his file to the server.
        Is it possible with php?or can it be done in any other method?if any body have any idea plz help.

        8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time
      • Aji Issac
        Message 3 of 12 , May 25 3:35 AM
          Try diff command of linux. This does the work, may be u can use it though exec()

          --
          http://www.idealwebtools.com/blog/ - I will be writing about Top Command in detail including load average and zombie tasks.

          Message 4 of 12 , May 28 5:10 AM
            Unless ofcourse you have any specific requirements...
            why don't you read both the files in PHP using fopen and fread ?

            try reading some letter by letter / word by word fassion...

            Raj

            I am having a word file done by user 1,stored in the server(RedHat Linux).
            Then user 2 will take that file thru a VB interface and correct the mistakes in that file.
            user 2 will then upload that file to the same server but to a different location(user 2 will not replace the file done by user 1)
            Now, My requirement is to compare the file done by the user 1 with the file done by the user 2 when the user 2 uploads his file to the server.
            Is it possible with php?or can it be done in any other method?if any body have any idea plz help.

            8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time

            Looking for people who are YOUR TYPE? Find them here!
          • raji skariah
            Message 5 of 12 , May 29 2:55 AM
              hello Arun,
              thank you for ur response..but
                I want to get the compared file by adding or editing it by the 2nd user  to a different location in the server . (& the original file should remain there as it is...& the files are .doc files)

              ArunRaj R <raj47i@...> wrote:
              Unless ofcourse you have any specific requirements. ..
              why don't you read both the files in PHP using fopen and fread ?

              try reading some letter by letter / word by word fassion...

              Raj

              I am having a word file done by user 1,stored in the server(RedHat Linux).
              Then user 2 will take that file thru a VB interface and correct the mistakes in that file.
              user 2 will then upload that file to the same server but to a different location(user 2 will not replace the file done by user 1)
              Now, My requirement is to compare the file done by the user 1 with the file done by the user 2 when the user 2 uploads his file to the server.
              Is it possible with php?or can it be done in any other method?if any body have any idea plz help.

              8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time

              Looking for people who are YOUR TYPE? Find them here!

              With Love & Prayers,
                                Raji Pramod

              It's here! Your new message!

            • Santhosh Nair
              Message 6 of 12 , May 29 4:50 AM
                Hi

                Use some linux commands to compare your files,
                you can use system() or exec() for doing this from php

                Cheers

                ArunRaj R <raj47i@yahoo. com> wrote:
[...]

                Regards
                Santhosh
                +971503380891

                Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

              • Arun Vasudevan
                Message 7 of 12 , May 29 6:29 AM
                  Hi,

                  Opening Word Documents in php is possible. D(COM) in PHP will enable us to do that.  Please find / write your own code for comparing two files after opening. If you need further help, you can ask in the forum again.

                  <?php

                  // This example will show you how to open a word document using php. You may need to alter the code for your own purposes.

                  $word = new COM("word.application") or die("Unable to initialize Word");

                  // If you want to find the version of word ...

                  print "MS Word, version {$word->Version}\n";

                  // This line of code is needed if you want to bring it to front
                  $word->Visible = 1;

                  // Open an empty document. You can specify a document name if you want.

                  $word->Documents->Add();
                  //
                  $word->Documents->Open("phpkeralaug.html");

                  // Here we are entering some text to the Word file
                  $word->Selection->TypeText("This is a test...");

                  // We are going to save the Word File in the current working directory
                  $word->Documents[1]->SaveAs("Useless test.doc");

                  // After reading / writing the file, we need to close Word
                  $word->Quit();

                  // Make the object / memory free!
                  $word->Release();
                  $word = null;
                  ?>

                  Good Luck!!!

                  regards,

                  Arun Vasudevan
                  Network Administrator
                  Focal3 Software Pvt Ltd

                  Message 8 of 12 , May 29 7:34 AM
                    Hi again,

                    I came to notice that, some extra spaces appeared in my post, which were not in my original code. So you can see the original code here :

                    http://www.chalai.com/support/

                    regards,

                    Arun Vasudevan

                    with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.
                  • k s sarath
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 7, 2007
                      Hi,

                      diff commanfd will help you .
                      use diff command with exec or with system for comparing two files.

                      Regrads
                      Sarath K S

                      raji skariah <raji_ska@yahoo. com> wrote:
[...]

                      Download prohibited? No problem! CHAT from any browser, without download.