Hi, I am newbie here and PHP

  • aruncbhas
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
      I am vinod from Trivandrum, i started to learn PHP, i am very
      interested in web programing field, i think everyone will help me to
      clear my doubts, thats why i joined here...Now I want to create a
      site, i think a guest book is better, your opinion please..

      Thanks in advance

      Vinod
    • Arumugham.V
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
        Hi Vinod,

        Welcome to the world of PHP

        WWW.PHP.NET can your starting point.

        For data driven site please check the sample at http://www.freewebmasterhelp.com/tutorials/phpmysql

        with regards,
        Arumugham.V

        aruncbhas <aruncbhas@...> wrote:
        I am vinod from Trivandrum, i started to learn PHP, i am very
        interested in web programing field, i think everyone will help me to
        clear my doubts, thats why i joined here...Now I want to create a
        site, i think a guest book is better, your opinion please..

        Thanks in advance

        Vinod

      • Praveen V
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
          Dear Vinod,

          Its very nice to see you here
          I just googled and got a sample guestbook link for download - http://www.phpjunkyard.com/dnl/gbook143.zip

          Check if it helps you learing.

          Happy PHP`ing.

          Best Regards
          PraVeeN

          aruncbhas <aruncbhas@yahoo. co.in> wrote:
          I am vinod from Trivandrum, i started to learn PHP, i am very
          interested in web programing field, i think everyone will help me to
          clear my doubts, thats why i joined here...Now I want to create a
          site, i think a guest book is better, your opinion please..

          Thanks in advance

          Vinod

        • Aji Issac
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
            Hi Vinod,

            New to php then make some 3 or 4 sample projects and learn php then spend 2 months in exploring the php world phparch.com phpclasses.org , pear.php.net and other forums. Learn the latest stuffs. Then next 2 months try to tweak some open source projects like phpbb, wordpress.

            IMO a good php programmer is one who knows how to program well and how will make sure not to re-invent wheels.

            --
            http://www.idealwebtools.com/blog/dns/ - Understanding dns in depth

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 2, 2006
              hi all,

              Thanks arumugham for the data driven site tutorials, Thanks Praveen
              for the instructions. The main problem with me is, my faculty is not
              an experienced guy, he just taught me using a book, after 2 weeks i
              purchased the same book and studied by myself, so only little
              knowledge, but i want to become a good programer.

              I will post here, if i have any problems, please answer to my foolish
              questions....thanks

              Vinod
            • Aju Chacko
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 10, 2006
                Hello,

                I need someone help to update my website www.frogview.com with some features like  Ajax scrap book, Greetings, Auto mail uploading and parsing etc. I have 4 years of experince in PHP scripting but now i am very busy with my company work. If anyone knows PHP,MYSQL,Ajax and ready to spend min. 3 hours/day for my work, please send reply to aju.chacko@... or call to my cell 09885857082.

                Regards,
                Aju Chacko.