{Query} Sending header from phpmailer

  • Pritesh Loke
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2007
      Hello to all

                           i am using phpmailer clas for sending email and used header for that function
      $headers = 'FromName: '.$et_obj->et_from_name . "\r\n".
                     'From: '.$et_obj->et_from_email . "\r\n" ;

      but header not going in mail funciton just sending empty header

      can any body what is the reason or my header formate is wrong  ?

      Thank you.

      PML

    • Sunit Sinha
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 3, 2007
        Hi

        Please use like:
        $to_address= "abc@...";
        $headers = "From: Sunit Sinha
        <sunitsinha@...>\r\n";
        $headers .= "Content-type: text/html\r\n";
        $headers .="Content-Transfer-Encoding:
        quoted-printable\r\n";
        $subject = "Test Mail";
        $body= "Mail Text Here";
        mail($to_address, $subject, $body, $headers);

        I hope this will work.

        With regards
        Sunit

        --- Pritesh Loke <priteshloke@...> wrote:

        > Hello to all
        >
        > i am using phpmailer clas for
        > sending email and used header for that function
        > $headers = 'FromName: '.$et_obj->et_from_name .
        > "\r\n".
        > 'From: '.$et_obj->et_from_email .
        > "\r\n" ;
        >
        > but header not going in mail funciton just sending
        > empty header
        >
        > can any body what is the reason or my header formate
        > is wrong ?
        >
        > Thank you.
        >

        > PML
        >
        > ---------------------------------
        > Need a vacation? Get great deals to amazing places
        > on Yahoo! Travel.

        now.
        http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/
      • rajnish kumar
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 3, 2007
          hello
           i m using php5 and apache2.0  on win XP i am getting an error

          HTTP 404 object not find

          please suggest the solution

          Regards
          Rajnish

          5, 50, 500, 5000. Store N number of mails in your inbox. Click here.
        • jerry jerry
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 5, 2007
            Hi to All ,

            I need a Job Portal Site. Read to use .

            Let me out line features of this site.
            Users is of 4 types : Super Admin / Admin / User / Consultant.

            User
            User can post his / her  CV
            Add / Edit / Delete.
            Search / book mark / refer / Planners . etc...

            Consultant
            Consultant can download his / her  CV with limited time.
            payment  integration
            Search / book mark / refer / Planners . etc...

            Let me tell more when I assign person.

            I need more Accurate and Bug free Site.

            Let me know the Rates / Duration.

            With Regards,

          • D.S. JOSEPH
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 6, 2007
              Hi Rajnish,

              Set the proper path for the DocumentRoot in your apache/conf/httpd.conf file to your file path:

              ========================
              #
              # DocumentRoot: The directory out of which you will serve your
              # documents. By default, all requests are taken from this directory, but
              # symbolic links and aliases may be used to point to other locations.
              #
              DocumentRoot "C:/myweb"
              # Also add the following below that declaration.

              <Directory "C:/myweb">
              </Directory>
              ========================
              Upload your file with name: index.htm or index.html

              If you have done the above correctly and still you get the 404 error, that means the file you are calling is not present in the virtual path you are calling it from.

              Regards,

              Joseph
              9840413050

               i m using php5 and apache2.0  on win XP i am getting an error

              HTTP 404 object not find

              please suggest the solution

              Regards
              Rajnish

              5, 50, 500, 5000. Store N number of mails in your inbox. Click here.

              Building a website is a piece of cake.
            • rajnish kumar
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 6, 2007
                hi joseph
                i have already set proper path of the file in Documentroot.
                And file is also present there.Still it is not working.

                if i place a .html file in the same location then it works.

                Please suggest more hint.
                Thanks and Regards
                Rajnish Kumar

                #