{Query} Problem to connect gmail with PHP

  • Thamizhchelvan
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 20, 2006
      Hi
      I tried to connect my gmail account using PHP's IMAP function during,I
      faced the following errors anyone help me?

      Couldn't open stream {pop.gmail.com:995/pop3/ssl/novalidate-cert/notls}
      INBOX in E:\Projects\IMAP\Main\testphp.php
    • CS Shyam Sundar
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 21, 2006
        Greetings Thamizhchelvan..,

        For accessing GMail in PHP., you need to have libgmailer, you can get it from http://gmail-lite.sourceforge.net/wordpress/index.php/download/

        You have to inlcude the libgmailer.php and then do the required.., the link above also has an sample..,

        Thamizhchelvan <thamizhchelvan2005@...> wrote: Hi
        I tried to connect my gmail account using PHP's IMAP function during,I
        faced the following errors anyone help me?

        Couldn't open stream {pop.gmail.com:995/pop3/ssl/novalidate-cert/notls}
        INBOX in E:\Projects\IMAP\Main\testphp.php

        http://www.phpforu.com

        Php developer Design

        ---------------------------------

      • Gobinath
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 21, 2006
          If you are able to post the script then it will be easy to help you out

          --- In php4india@yahoogroups.com, "Thamizhchelvan"

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 21, 2006
            Hi,
            This is my code

            <?php
            $inBox = "{pop.gmail.com:995/pop3/ssl/novalidate-cert/notls}";
            set_time_limit(300);
            $conn = imap_open($inBox , "username" ,"passowrd");
            $headers = imap_headers($conn) or die("Couldn't get emails");
            $numEmails = sizeof($headers);
            echo "You have $numEmails in your mailbox";
            for($i = 1; $i < $numEmails+1; $i++)
            {

            $mailHeader = @imap_headerinfo($conn, $i);

            $from = $mailHeader->fromaddress;

            $subject = strip_tags($mailHeader->subject);

            $date = $mailHeader->date;

            echo "Email from $from, subject $subject, date $date<br>";

            }
            imap_close($conn);
            ?>

            --- In php4india@yahoogroups.com, "Gobinath" <gobinathm@...> wrote:

            > If you are able to post the script then it will be easy to help
            you out

            > --- In php4india@yahoogroups.com, "Thamizhchelvan"
            > <thamizhchelvan2005@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi
            > > I tried to connect my gmail account using PHP's IMAP function
            during,I
            > > faced the following errors anyone help me?
            > >
            > > Couldn't open stream {pop.gmail.com:995/pop3/ssl/novalidate-
            cert/notls}
            > > INBOX in E:\Projects\IMAP\Main\testphp.php

          • blossom blossom
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 28, 2006
              hi friends,

              how to convert a PDF docment to html file?