validation of Xml data in php

  • tanmayee nayak
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 24, 2006
      Hi..

      I've a Php Page.It'a Login Page with Username and
      Password as Fields.The user should enter these two fields.I've
      the Username and the Password data in an Xml file.I'm able to parse the Xml data using php...

      All I want is, when the user enters these two fields,it should check with the data of the XML file and take appropriate actions.
      For eg. If the user has entered the field which is
      not matching with the data of the Xml file..It should give the message
      as "wrong username or password" and if the data matches.it takes the
      user to another page.

      well just wanted to know if it is possible to validate the xml data? If so how ??

      Tanmayee

    • CS Shyam Sundar
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 12 2:08 AM
        Greetings.,

        The Solution is simple !!!

        Please ensure that you have PHP Manual (CHM version) ., because for all the basic issues with PHP is well documented with examples in tat manual.

        Anyways, have a look at these links.,
        [#] http://in.php.net/xml ---- This works perfectly., I even tried it.
        [#] http://www.analysisandsolutions.com/code/phpxml.htm --- A small tute.
        [#] http://www.kirupa.com/web/xml_php_parse_beginner.htm -- Step-by-Step tutorial.

        tanmayee nayak <tanmayee_nayak@...> wrote: Hi..

        I've a Php Page.It'a Login Page with Username and
        Password as Fields.The user should enter these two fields.I've
        the Username and the Password data in an Xml file.I'm able to parse the Xml data using php...

        All I want is, when the user enters these two fields,it should check with the data of the XML file and take appropriate actions.
        For eg. If the user has entered the field which is
        not matching with the data of the Xml file..It should give the message
        as "wrong username or password" and if the data matches.it takes the
        user to another page.

        well just wanted to know if it is possible to validate the xml data? If so how ??

        Tanmayee

        http://www.phpforu.com

        Php developer Design