Re: [php-objects] quotes and returns

  • Kenny Tean
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 1, 2010
      Based on the result I saw, it's your file encoding issue.. Not
      htmlentities issue.. Try save your file in UTF8 encoding..

      Kenny.

      Sent from my iPhone

    • Prasad C
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 2, 2010
        Did you try it on terminal, is there any problems?

        This looks like an encoding issue, do you have something like this?

        Imp: This has to be the first line in the <head> section, otherwise browser
        will skip it.

        On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 4:38 PM, Kenny Tean <kennytean@...> wrote:

        > Based on the result I saw, it's your file encoding issue.. Not
        > htmlentities issue.. Try save your file in UTF8 encoding..
        >
        > Kenny.
        >
        > Sent from my iPhone
        >

        > On 31-Aug-2010, at 6:18 PM, Marcel Bonar <marcboo@...<marcboo%40gmail.com>>
        > wrote:
        >
        > > I think you should try htmlentites() function in php and also
        > > html_entity_decode......
        > >
        > > this link from php manual for usage both of them:
        > >
        > > http://php.net/manual/en/function.htmlentities.php
        > > http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.html-entity-decode.php
        > >
        > > On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 3:03 AM, Roger Head <headrog@...<headrog%40yahoo.com>>
        > wrote:
        > >

        > > > Guys,
        > > > When I select from a table I can't get the quotes and returns to
        > > desplay on
        > > > the
        > > > web page, I get;
        > > > St. John�s Cap�s winning triple overtime
        > > > and it should be
        > > > St. John's Cap's winning triple overtime
        > > >
        > > > I think I should use the str_replace function.
        > > > Roger Head
        > > > (709)726-4323(home) (709)690-9006(cell), (709)729-0481(work)
        > > > www.nlscoreboard.com

        > > > From: Tony Jones <tjones10707@... <tjones10707%40yahoo.com><tjones10707%
        > 40yahoo.com>>

        -Prasad C