Re: [Bulk] Re: [php-objects] mappings of ip addresses to host names

  • Sovichea SOU
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2010
      I tried to look at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/vhosts/name-based.html

      but it doesn't work for me.

      Vichea

      --
      Sovichea SOU
      Email: chhit@...

    • Chaitanya Yanamadala
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2010
        what are changes u have made to the httpd.conf. Send them to me.

      • jan
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2010
          Just edit hosts system file in each computer you need and add a line
          like this:

          192.168.5.62 phpmyadmin

          Regards,
          jan

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1, 2010
            It is:

            <VirtualHost 176.16.200.3:80>
            ServerName phpmyadmin
            DocumentRoot "C:/wamp/apps/phpmyadmin3.2.0.1"
            ServerAdmin chhit@...
            AccessFileName "htaccess"
            <Directory "C:/wamp/apps/phpmyadmin3.2.0.1">
            DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
            Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
            AllowOverride All
            Allow from all
            </Directory>
            </VirtualHost>

            Many thanks

            Vichea

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 1, 2010
              but it work only on my computer.
              other computers in my network cannot access to it.

              Vichea

              On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 5:08 PM, jan <os2@...> wrote:

              > Just edit hosts system file in each computer you need and add a line
              > like this:
              >

              > 192.168.5.62 phpmyadmin
              >
              > Regards,
              > jan
              >
              > Sovichea SOU escribi�:
              >
              > > I tried to look at
              > http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/vhosts/name-based.html
              > >
              > > but it doesn't work for me.
              > >

              > > Vichea
              > >
              > > On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 12:43 PM, Chaitanya Yanamadala <
              > > dr.virus.india@... <dr.virus.india%40gmail.com>> wrote:
              > >

              > >> I dont think u can do this. as the browser address should be pointed to
              > >> machine ip or machine name or domain name. I think if u can create a
              > virtual
              > >> host in the local machine and if the machines are not connected to the
              > >> internet then there might be a case of redirecting the machines to the
              > said
              > >> domain.
              > >> If the machines have an internet connection then they will search in the
              > >> internet for this address.Try it out...:-)

              > 192.168.5.62.

              > my

              > >> --
              >
              > >> Chaitanya
              > >>
              > >> "A man can get discouraged many times but he is not a failure until he
              > >> stops trying..."
              > >>
              > >> http://doiop.com/dr.virus.india
              > >>
              > >> http://www.drvirusindia.co.cc/
              > >>
              > >> http://chaitu09986025424.blog.co.in/
              > >>
              > >> http://9986025424.co.cc -- Live news channels

              > Reply to sender<os2@...?subject=Re:+%5BBulk%5D+Re:+%5Bphp-objects%5D+mappings+of+ip+addresses+to+host+names>| Reply
              > to group<php-objects@yahoogroups.com?subject=Re:+%5BBulk%5D+Re:+%5Bphp-objects%5D+mappings+of+ip+addresses+to+host+names>
              > 5)
              > Recent Activity:

              > 10

              > Are you looking for a PHP job?
              > Join the PHP Professionals directory Now!
              > http://www.phpclasses.org/jobs/
              > MARKETPLACE
              >
              > Going Green: Your Yahoo! Groups resource for green living<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=14kfjauqs/M=493064.13814333.13821539.13298430/D=groups/S=1705006764:MKP1/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1265022560/L=/B=NlRxB0PDhEk-/J=1265015360211483/K=.CVCWvpQHDkuffK2Sl2SVA/A=5922843/R=0/SIG=11ckn2mo6/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/green/>
              > Switch to: Text-Only<php-objects-traditional@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change+Delivery+Format:+Traditional>,
              > Daily Digest<php-objects-digest@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email+Delivery:+Digest>�
              > of Use <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
              > .
              >
              > __,_._,__

            • Chaitanya Yanamadala
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 1, 2010
                Ur virtual host should be like this

                *NameVirtualHost <ur ip>:80*
                * *
                *

                <VirtualHost <ur ip>:80>
                ServerName phpmyadmin.com
                ServerAlias http://localhost/apps/phpmyadmin3.2.0.1
                ServerAdmin <epaper@...>dr.virus.india@...
                DocumentRoot C:/wamp/apps/phpmyadmin3.2.0.1
                <Directory "C:/wamp/apps/phpmyadmin3.2.0.1/">
                AllowOverride None
                Options FollowSymLinks
                DirectoryIndex login.php index.php index.htm index.html
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
                </Directory>
                CustomLog logs/phpmyadmin.com combined
                ErrorLog logs/phpmyadmin.com-error_log
                ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /var/www/html/cgi-bin/
                </VirtualHost>
                *