RE: [PHP] Re: [PHP-DEV] [CROSS POST] PHP Meetup & Texas PHP Users

  • Jay Blanchard
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
      Well, the predictions have come true. In San Antonio only four folks signed
      up for the meetup, and the event was cancelled with no way to get in touch
      with the other local developers to make a go of it. Out of the 147 cities
      listed only 15 had enough people for meetup.com to do their thing. A noble
      idea, but ...

      I want to encourage developers to farm PHP developer groups in their own
      communities. Some may find that their community already has a users group (a
      list is available at http://www.phpusergroups.org) although some of these
      groups are not really groups at all, just people looking to form groups.

      If you live in the San Antonio area I would be glad to be the
      chief-wrangler-whats-in-charge for just such a group. Please contact me
      directly. I am also working on a Texas PHP Developer Conference at the
      beautiful T Bar M Resort & Conference Center in New Braunfels, Texas
      sometime between January and April of 2003. I have begun contacting
      potential speakers and hope to have people who wish to present papers at the
      conference as well as do some other fun activities such as a high or low
      ropes course, golf, tennis, etc. All suggestions and admonitions are
      welcome. Everyone in Texas is invited to contact me so that I can dispurse
      further information. Also, my contact at T Bar M says, "The more, the
      cheaper ... " as discounts for larger groups are available. Heck, even if
      you don't live in Texas but would be interested in attending drop me a line
      and I'll keep you up to date.

      Thanks!

      Jay

      ItÂ’s as bad as you think, and they are out to get you.

      ***************************************
      * *
      * Texas PHP Developers Meeting *
      * Spring 2003 *
      * T Bar M Resort & Conference Center *
      * New Braunfels, Texas *
      * Interested? Contact; *
      * jay.blanchard@... *
      * *
    • Martin Clifford
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
        I'm definately interested, even though I'll most likely be in MN at the time. I've never even MET another PHP developer, so I don't know what to expect, but I'd sure love to be updated :o)

        Martin

        >>> jay.blanchard@... 08/01/02 03:21PM >>>
[...]

        It's as bad as you think, and they are out to get you.

        * *