Import a non CSV excel data to database.

  • SUBASH B
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2008
      Hi,

        I have a Sales Data in Excel Sheet, i want to import that data to database, i cannot convert the file to CSV.  Please see the attached for the sample data in Excel format.

      Please give some idea to achieve this !

      Thanks,
      Subash.

    • Ali Jamali
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2008
        Hi,

        You can add these line end of your select sentences ,

        For example :

        Select * from test

        into outfile 'c:/outfile.tet'
        fields Terminated by ','
        Enclosed by '"'
        start by "
        Terminated by '\r\n';

        ----------------------

        This top syntax make one txt file , Simple you change the txt to CVS by rename command

        Now is ready to import to execle .

        Sincerely,
        Seyed Ali Jamali

        Sr. Java Developer

        Photint Venture Group FZ LLC
        Suite 316 , DIC 2
        Dubai Internet City
        UAE
        Tel : +971-4-3913569
        Fax: +971-4-3908776
        Mobile :+971 - 50 - 919 48 24
        P.O.Box : 500337

        I have a Sales Data in Excel Sheet, i want to import that data to database, i cannot convert the file to CSV. Please see the attached for the sample data in Excel format.

        Please give some idea to achieve this !

        Thanks,
        Subash.

        Not happy with your email address?.