Re: [php-objects] Cron Jobs help needed

  • Praba karan
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 1, 2008
      Hi Nastya,

      i dont have Webmin, is there any other way to RUN CRON ?

        Thanks & Regards Prabakaran.D ---------------------------------------------------------  Awake Arise And Stop Not Till you Reach your Goal

      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 1, 2008
        Hello Prabakaran,

        Which control panel is provided by your ISP for the site.

        Regards,
        SwAn
        -------------------------
        On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 6:05 PM, Praba karan <itispraba@...> wrote:

        > Hi Nastya,
        >
        > i dont have Webmin, is there any other way to RUN CRON ?
        >

        > Thanks & Regards Prabakaran.D
        > --------------------------------------------------------- Awake Arise And
        > Stop Not Till you Reach your Goal
        >
        > --- On Mon, 30/6/08, Nastya <nastya@... <nastya%40elastik.eu>>
        > wrote:
        > From: Nastya <nastya@... <nastya%40elastik.eu>>
        > Subject: Re: [php-objects] Cron Jobs help needed
        > To: php-objects@yahoogroups.com <php-objects%40yahoogroups.com>
        > Date: Monday, 30 June, 2008, 7:24 PM
        >
        > hi
        >
        > i did it via webmin.
        >
        > if you have a webmin:
        >
        > you go to webmin -> system -> scheduled Cron Jobs -> Create a new
        >
        > scheduled cron job.
        >
        > then you have a form "Job Details"
        >
        > at "Command" field you put:
        >
        > wget http://www.yousite com/the/url/ of/your/php
        >
        > at "When to execute" shoose minutes, hours, days, etc...
        >
        > Praba karan wrote:
        >

        > > Hi Folks,
        >

        > > I am prabakar, i am also facing problem to RUN CRON JOBS
        >

        > > My requirement is i want to run a PHP script at particular time daily
        >
        > > basis, that script is Email Notofication. i am using Ubuntu Server?....
        >

        > > Can anyone help me regarding this

        > Explore your hobbies and interests. Go to
        > http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/

      • Stephan Schulze
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 1, 2008
          Use crontab -e from the commandline of the server

          Best regards

          Stephan

          Praba karan schrieb:

          > Hi Nastya,
          >
          > i dont have Webmin, is there any other way to RUN CRON ?
          >
          > Thanks & Regards Prabakaran.D
          > --------------------------------------------------------- Awake Arise
          > And Stop Not Till you Reach your Goal
          >
          > --- On Mon, 30/6/08, Nastya <nastya@...
          > <mailto:nastya%40elastik.eu>> wrote:
          > From: Nastya <nastya@... <mailto:nastya%40elastik.eu>>
          > Subject: Re: [php-objects] Cron Jobs help needed
          > To: php-objects@yahoogroups.com <mailto:php-objects%40yahoogroups.com>
          > Date: Monday, 30 June, 2008, 7:24 PM
          >
          > hi
          >
          > i did it via webmin.
          >
          > if you have a webmin:
          >
          > you go to webmin -> system -> scheduled Cron Jobs -> Create a new
          >
          > scheduled cron job.
          >
          > then you have a form "Job Details"
          >
          > at "Command" field you put:
          >
          > wget http://www.yousite com/the/url/ of/your/php
          >
          > at "When to execute" shoose minutes, hours, days, etc...
          >
          > Praba karan wrote:
          >

          > > Hi Folks,
          >

          > > I am prabakar, i am also facing problem to RUN CRON JOBS
          >

          > > My requirement is i want to run a PHP script at particular time daily
          >
          > > basis, that script is Email Notofication. i am using Ubuntu Server?....
          >

          > > Can anyone help me regarding this

          > Explore your hobbies and interests. Go to
          > http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/ <http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/>

          .. UND EIN RIESIGES SCHAF WIRD VOM HIMMEL FALLEN UND DIE WELT RETTEN!!!
          ACH IHR GLÜCKLICHEN ;-)
        • Priyantha Gunawardena
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 4, 2008
            Hi

            I have heard there are some web sites that execute cron jobs for u on
            schedules time free of charge.i got this sometimes a go but i can not find
            the web links. please search for this. you can give the php file as a cron
            job schedule and they will execute at at given time

            pri