Re: [php-objects] Is it possbile with php?

  • Pete
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2008
      In message <fnrosu+24jh@...>, Shaswat Sharma <one_who_care_ur_lo
      ve@...> writes
      >is it possible to do this task with php? I mean I gave a link to the
      >user for eg www.anysite.com but when the user opens this link he sees
      >any other address in the address bar like www.yahoo.com can one do it
      >with php?

      Sounds very suspicious, the kind of thing that a spammer would do.

      Do you own the domain that you want to appear in the address bar?

      If you do, there are various methods. If not, then I hope that you
      can't!

      --
      Pete Clark

      Sunny Andalucia
      http://hotcosta.com/Andalucia.Spain
    • Shaswat Sharma
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 1, 2008
        Yup I own the address that I wanna show to the user. Well, I am asking
        this just for knowledage sake. I don't want to spam. If it is possible
        then what is the procedure please guide me...
        Regards
        Vaibhav

        --- In php-objects@yahoogroups.com, Pete <cgrp@...> wrote:

        > In message <fnrosu+24jh@...>, Shaswat Sharma <one_who_care_ur_lo
        > ve@...> writes
        > >is it possible to do this task with php? I mean I gave a link to the
        > >user for eg www.anysite.com but when the user opens this link he sees
        > >any other address in the address bar like www.yahoo.com can one do it
        > >with php?
        >
        > Sounds very suspicious, the kind of thing that a spammer would do.
        >
        > Do you own the domain that you want to appear in the address bar?
        >
        > If you do, there are various methods. If not, then I hope that you
        > can't!
        >
        > --
        > Pete Clark
        >
        > Sunny Andalucia
        > http://hotcosta.com/Andalucia.Spain

      • abhishek jain
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 1, 2008
          Hi,
          See mod_rewrite ,an apache module, and i feel this is what you want, get back for more details if req.

          --
          Regards,
          Abhishek jain

          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 1, 2008
            In message <fnuui9+4t7u@...>, Shaswat Sharma <one_who_care_ur_lo
            ve@...> writes
            >Yup I own the address that I wanna show to the user. Well, I am asking
            >this just for knowledage sake. I don't want to spam. If it is possible
            >then what is the procedure please guide me...
            >Regards
            >Vaibhav
            >

            >--- In php-objects@yahoogroups.com, Pete <cgrp@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> In message <fnrosu+24jh@...>, Shaswat Sharma <one_who_care_ur_lo
            >> ve@...> writes
            >> >is it possible to do this task with php? I mean I gave a link to the
            >> >user for eg www.anysite.com but when the user opens this link he sees
            >> >any other address in the address bar like www.yahoo.com can one do it
            >> >with php?

            Then you just need to forward to the "yahoo.com" address - there are a
            few different methods, depending on why you want to do it.

            If you wanted, you could keep mysite.com open in a frame.

            --
            Pete Clark

            Sunny Andalucia
            http://hotcosta.com/Andalucia.Spain
          • Blaine
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 1, 2008
              You can do that easily,

              you just need to use functions as file_get_contents(
              "http://www.google.com.br/search?q=look+that&btnG=Pesquisar" ) .

              But when you have to control some more complex things as cookies,
              post, gets, files etc... i really recommend to you use a Snoopy class(
              http://sourceforge.net/projects/snoopy )

              "Snoopy is a PHP class that simulates a web browser. It automates the
              task of retrieving web page content..."

              On Feb 1, 2008 2:59 PM, Pete <cgrp@...> wrote:

              > In message <fnuui9+4t7u@...>, Shaswat Sharma <one_who_care_ur_lo
              > ve@...> writes
              >
              > >Yup I own the address that I wanna show to the user. Well, I am asking
              > >this just for knowledage sake. I don't want to spam. If it is possible
              > >then what is the procedure please guide me...
              > >Regards
              > >Vaibhav
              > >

              > >--- In php-objects@yahoogroups.com, Pete <cgrp@...> wrote:
              > >>
              > >> In message <fnrosu+24jh@...>, Shaswat Sharma <one_who_care_ur_lo
              > >> ve@...> writes
              >
              > Then you just need to forward to the "yahoo.com" address - there are a
              > few different methods, depending on why you want to do it.
              >
              > If you wanted, you could keep mysite.com open in a frame.
              >

              > --
              > Pete Clark
              >
              > Sunny Andalucia
              > http://hotcosta.com/Andalucia.Spain

              --
              O Blaine - What the developing
              /|\ should'nt have been
              | thiagomata.blog.com
              / \
            • Shaswat Sharma
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 2, 2008
[...]

                No , I want the user to stay at my page. I don't really wanna send him
                to the address that I wanna display. I want that address just to confuse
                the user

                If you wanted, you could keep mysite.com open in a frame.
                Well, that's a good idea But I don't want that. Is there no other way?

                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 2, 2008
                  --- In php-objects@yahoogroups.com, Blaine <apelouperdeu@... wrote:

                  You can do that easily,

                  you just need to use functions as file_get_contents(
                  "http://www.google.com.br/search?q=look+that&btnG=Pesquisar" ) .
                  Hey dude I don't have much idea about php. is it easy to do? if yes then
                  can show me do it for me? pleaseeeeeee

                  But when you have to control some more complex things as cookies,
                  post, gets, files etc... i really recommend to you use a Snoopy class(
                  http://sourceforge.net/projects/snoopy )

                  "Snoopy is a PHP class that simulates a web browser. It automates the
                  task of retrieving web page content..."

                  On Feb 1, 2008 2:59 PM, Pete <cgrp@... wrote:

                  In message <fnuui9+4t7u@... , Shaswat Sharma <one_who_care_ur_lo
                  ve@... writes

                  Yup I own the address that I wanna show to the user. Well, I am
                  asking
                  this just for knowledage sake. I don't want to spam. If it is
                  possible
                  then what is the procedure please guide me...
                  Regards
                  Vaibhav

                  --- In php-objects@yahoogroups.com, Pete <cgrp@ wrote:

                  In message <fnrosu+24jh@ , Shaswat Sharma <one_who_care_ur_lo
                  ve@ writes
                  is it possible to do this task with php? I mean I gave a link
                  to the
                  user for eg www.anysite.com but when the user opens this link
                  he sees
                  any other address in the address bar like www.yahoo.com can one
                  do it
                  with php?

                  Then you just need to forward to the "yahoo.com" address - there
                  are a
                  few different methods, depending on why you want to do it.

                  If you wanted, you could keep mysite.com open in a frame.

                  --
                  Pete Clark

                  Sunny Andalucia
                  http://hotcosta.com/Andalucia.Spain

                  --
                  O Blaine - What the developing
                  /|\ should'nt have been
                  | thiagomata.blog.com
                  / \

                • Pete
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 2, 2008
                    In message <fo1m5o+k18f@...>, Shaswat Sharma <one_who_care_ur_lo
                    ve@...> writes
                    >--- In php-objects@yahoogroups.com, Blaine <apelouperdeu@... wrote:
                    >
                    > You can do that easily,
                    >
                    > you just need to use functions as file_get_contents(
                    > "http://www.google.com.br/search?q=look+that&btnG=Pesquisar" ) .
                    >Hey dude I don't have much idea about php. is it easy to do? if yes then
                    >can show me do it for me? pleaseeeeeee

                    I think that you said, you didn't want the visitors to go to the other
                    site, you just wanted it to look like they did. So this wouldn't work.

                    However, if this is what you need, you can see examples in the PHP
                    manual, like this one...

                    $sFile = file_get_contents("http://www.php.net", False, $cxContext);
                    echo $sFile;

                    You should really explain why you are trying to do this, someone might
                    be able to help you. It appears to me that you want the visitors to
                    sitea.com to see siteb.com in the address bar, but not to visit
                    siteb.com at all. If that is the case, then you can't. Which is the
                    way it should be, otherwise, everyone would be writing their own
                    phishing sites.

                    --
                    Pete Clark

                    Sunny Andalucia
                    http://hotcosta.com/Andalucia.Spain
                  • lionnkenedy57
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 25, 2008
                      I don´t think so. but you can make
                      echo '<a href="www.yahoo.com">www.anysite.com</a>';

                      --- In php-objects@yahoogroups.com, "Shaswat Sharma"
                      <one_who_care_ur_love@...> wrote:

                      > is it possible to do this task with php? I mean I gave a link to the
                      > user for eg www.anysite.com but when the user opens this link he sees
                      > any other address in the address bar like www.yahoo.com can one do it
                      > with php?

                    • Jean Carlo
                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 25, 2008
                        That’s not posible that a a domanin thing php has nothing to do with that

                        > is it possible to do this task with php? I mean I gave a link to the
                        > user for eg www.anysite.com but when the user opens this link he sees
                        > any other address in the address bar like www.yahoo.com can one do it
                        > with php?

                      • Anees
                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 25, 2008
                          Not with PHP..
                          but with .htaccess

                          place .httaccess file in the root folder of www.anysite.com with the following content

                          RewriteEngine on
                          RewriteRule ^(.*)$ www.yahoo.com [R=301,L]

                          Anees Muhammed
                          ___________

                          > is it possible to do this task with php? I mean I gave a link to the
                          > user for eg www.anysite. com but when the user opens this link he sees
                          > any other address in the address bar like www.yahoo.com can one do it
                          > with php?

                          <!--