RE: [php-objects] Reinstall Strangeness.... help!!!

  • David Weeks
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 8, 2007
    • Jaldip Upadhyay
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 8, 2007
        Hi,
        I think in your previous version installation of PHP you might have set register globals =on in PHP.ini & in this version you have not set that value turned on.

        Other options are also there in php.ini like safe mode on/off & mysql seetings also.Need to see those settings.But of its not browser level issue than its surely php.ini issue . I suggest you to just concentrate on that file.
        Also you can run your script from commandline to see whether its an issue of browser ior not. It seems like it s not a browser issue as you have explained it is giving a serverside error.

        Thanks
        Jaldip Upadhyay
        India

        teacherweeks <teacherweeks@...> wrote: I just had to reinstall PHP after my server totally crashed, I have
        configured it exactly the same as far as I can tell, however I am
        pretty sure there is something that got left out. I am know having
        problems with code that was previously workin, most of the errors and
        strangeness is coming from variable interactions. Variables are not
        passing their informatin from one to another, variables that hold
        database information are not working. Does anyone recognize these
        symptoms and if so can you point me in the direction of the answer.

        Teacherweeks