how to enable register_globals on php.ini

  • Raj
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2006
       hi!
      I am trying to enable register_globals at php.ini but after change the line at php.ini of php5

      from register_globals = Off to register_globals = On it still not showing enabled at phpinfo(); page, what should I do???

      Sukalyan

    • gaurav rustogi
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2006
        hi Raj

        if u r using windows then the php.ini file in php
        installation folder doesn't matter...
        instead the php.ini file in the windows folder is in
        effect...
        search for that in the windows folder and try editing
        there..

        [generally this happens only when u have used
        installer for installing php on windows machine.. and
        not the compressed file]

        regards,
        Gaurav Rustogi

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1, 2006

          THANKS, NOW IT'S WORKS FINE.

          Raj

          On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 gaurav rustogi wrote :
          >hi Raj
          >
          >if u r using windows then the php.ini file in php
          >installation folder doesn't matter...
          >instead the php.ini file in the windows folder is in
          >effect...
          >search for that in the windows folder and try editing
          >there..
          >
          >[generally this happens only when u have used
          >installer for installing php on windows machine.. and
          >not the compressed file]
          >
          >regards,
          >Gaurav Rustogi
          >
          >--- Raj <fmgnt@...> wrote:
          >
          > > hi!
          > > I am trying to enable register_globals at
          > > php.ini but after change the line at php.ini of php5
          > >
          > > from register_globals = Off to register_globals = On
          > > it still not showing enabled at phpinfo(); page,
          > > what should I do???
          > >

          > > Sukalyan

          > > removed]
          > >

          > > PHP Data object relational mapping generator
          > > http://www.metastorage.net/
          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Adrianyong
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 1, 2006
            Hi everyone,

            I would like to ask, if you guys ever encountered a update or insert for problem for text data. You see i tried to INSERT or UPDATE an entire article. Turns out there are errors. I think most notably syntax errors.

            Might be because in the text data/article might have contain (") quotations , single or double. Hence, this messes up the mysql query.

            So I'm trying to write a messy prosedural hardcoded patch for that in my php.

            But in the meantime i'm asking -- is a better and more elegant way, any ideas guys?

          • Adrianyong
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 1, 2006
              Hi Gaurav,

              Btw I'm new here, but I would like to ask the purpose of having to enable register global.

              I know that register global function is to enable all vars to be globally declared.

              I wondering what are the applications for this. Is it related to debugging application? if so how is it done?

              take care,
              adrianyong

              gaurav rustogi <gaurav_rustogi@...> wrote: hi Raj

              --- Raj <fmgnt@...> wrote:

              > hi!
              > I am trying to enable register_globals at
              > php.ini but after change the line at php.ini of php5
              >
              > from register_globals = Off to register_globals = On
              > it still not showing enabled at phpinfo(); page,
              > what should I do???
              >

              > Sukalyan

              > removed]
              >

              > PHP Data object relational mapping generator
              > http://www.metastorage.net/
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              PHP Data object relational mapping generator
              http://www.metastorage.net/

              ---------------------------------

            • Raj
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 1, 2006
                 plz read the security section of php manual where you found a page named "Using Register Globals" that may help you.

                regards,
                Raj Banga.

                On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 Adrianyong wrote :
                > Hi Gaurav,
                >
                >Btw I'm new here, but I would like to ask the purpose of having to enable register global.
                >
                >I know that register global function is to enable all vars to be globally declared.
                >
                >I wondering what are the applications for this. Is it related to debugging application? if so how is it done?
                >
                >take care,
                >adrianyong
                >
                >gaurav rustogi <gaurav_rustogi@...> wrote: hi Raj
                >
                > if u r using windows then the php.ini file in php
                > installation folder doesn't matter...
                > instead the php.ini file in the windows folder is in
                > effect...
                > search for that in the windows folder and try editing
                > there..
                >
                > [generally this happens only when u have used
                > installer for installing php on windows machine.. and
                > not the compressed file]
                >
                > regards,
                > Gaurav Rustogi
                >
                > --- Raj <fmgnt@...> wrote:
                >
                > > hi!
                > > I am trying to enable register_globals at
                > > php.ini but after change the line at php.ini of php5
                > >
                > > from register_globals = Off to register_globals = On
                > > it still not showing enabled at phpinfo(); page,
                > > what should I do???
                > >

                > > Sukalyan

                > > removed]
                > >

                > > PHP Data object relational mapping generator
                > > http://www.metastorage.net/
                > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                > To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Yahoo! Security Centre. http://uk.security.yahoo.com
                >

                > PHP Data object relational mapping generator
                > http://www.metastorage.net/

                >---------------------------------

                >PHP Data object relational mapping generator
                >http://www.metastorage.net/
                >Yahoo! Groups Links

              • gaurav rustogi
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 3, 2006
                  hi adrianyong

                  wherever in query u pass the text field.. just put it
                  in the function str_replace() function and replace all
                  (") with (\")..
                  simple.... isn't it...??

                  bye,
                  Gaurav Rustogi

                  --- Adrianyong <h_tere2000@...> wrote:

                  > Hi everyone,
                  >
                  > I would like to ask, if you guys ever
                  > encountered a update or insert for problem for text
                  > data. You see i tried to INSERT or UPDATE an entire
                  > article. Turns out there are errors. I think most
                  > notably syntax errors.
                  >
                  > Might be because in the text data/article might have
                  > contain (") quotations , single or double. Hence,
                  > this messes up the mysql query.
                  >
                  > So I'm trying to write a messy prosedural hardcoded
                  > patch for that in my php.
                  >
                  > But in the meantime i'm asking -- is a better and
                  > more elegant way, any ideas guys?

                  > removed]
                  >

                  > PHP Data object relational mapping generator
                  > http://www.metastorage.net/
                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Adrianyong
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 3, 2006
                    yeah i did that

                    instead i used ~ instead of \" .maybe your method is better?

                    gaurav rustogi <gaurav_rustogi@...> wrote: hi adrianyong