RE: [php-objects] Help neede for Internationalising

  • Brian Etheridge
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006
      Hi Asif,
      You must give more details of what you are working with.

      Are you using a content management system?

      Does your site already support multiple languages?

      What are .po and .mo files?

      Brian

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006
        hi....
        The site is already built....and i have to add 7more new languages... it is using CMS upto 10 % the remaining is full PHP site..
        And .po and .mo files are need to generat for each launguage...
        i know how to generate the .po and .mo files using GNU gettext but
        i dont know what is the begining to do.... if any body take me to the starting step... plz.. help me...
        Thanks in Advance

        Regards
        Mohd Asif ali

        Brian Etheridge <Brian.Etheridge@...> wrote:
        Hi Asif,
        You must give more details of what you are working with.

        Are you using a content management system?

        Does your site already support multiple languages?

        What are .po and .mo files?

        Brian

        I want to add new 7 languuages to Existing site.....I am talking
        about Internationalisation... Plz some body help me how to creat .po
        files and .mo files....
        I want to know what is the source files we have to use for crating .po
        file
        Thanks in advance.....

        Regards
        Mohd Asif Ali

        PHP Data object relational mapping generator http://www.metastorage.net/
        Yahoo! Groups Links

        PHP Data object relational mapping generator
        http://www.metastorage.net/

        Programming languages Object oriented programming Php developer Computer security C programming language Computer programming languages

      • Brian Etheridge
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006
          Hi Asif,
          If you ar estill looking for help, I have come across this online document
          which goes into probably more details than you would like:

          http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_mono/gettext.html

          Hope that helps.