Regarding Taking screenshots of websites in PHP

  • vijaya lakshmi Vulli
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 16, 2012
      Hi Friends,

         I am new to shell scripting in php.I have got one task like Taking screenshots of websites in PHP.I have found solutions in windows based but I need  in linux and also foind some of the apis which are expensive.I also find some convertion in the following url.

      URL :http://www.codediesel.com/php/taking-screenshots-of-websites-in-php/

      Can you please let me know how to use functionality in my application.Can you pls let me know step by step where to place snappy and wkhtmltoimage-i386 files and
      where to I need to call following code..

      Code :

      shell_exec('./wkhtmltoimage --quality 50 http://www.bbc.com bbc.jpg');
      Below is a short code using ‘snappy’ to take a screen-shot of bbc.com.
      <?php   /* Tested on Ubuntu 10.0.4, requires PHP 5.3 */   namespace Knplabs\Snappy;   require_once('Knplabs/Snappy/Media.php'); require_once('Knplabs/Snappy/Image.php');   /* 'wkhtmltoimage' executable is located in the current directory */ $snap = new Image('./wkhtmltoimage');   /* Displays the bbc.com website index page screen-shot in the browser */ header("Content-Type: image/jpeg"); $snap->output('http://www.bbc.com');   ?>
      Please respond as early as possible.I need to submit this task in 1-2 days.

      Thanks in advance

    • anas. muhammed
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 16, 2012
        hi lekshmi
        You can use php's wget function to snap shot of website. If u wanna
        snapshot web pages in the backend, u can use curl of php and making a
        crone to execute it in fixed time intervals.

        On 2/16/12, vijaya lakshmi Vulli <vijayalakshmivulli@...> wrote:
        > Hi Friends,
        >
        >    I am new to shell scripting in php.I have got one task like Taking
        > screenshots of websites in PHP.I have found solutions in windows based but I
        > need  in linux and also foind some of the apis which are expensive.I also
        > find some convertion in the following url.
        >
        > URL :http://www.codediesel.com/php/taking-screenshots-of-websites-in-php/
        >
        > Can you please let me know how to use functionality in my application.Can
        > you pls let me know step by step where to place snappy and
        > wkhtmltoimage-i386 files and
        > where to I need to call following code..
        >

        > Code :
        >
        > shell_exec('./wkhtmltoimage --quality 50 http://www.bbc.com bbc.jpg');
        > Below is a short code using ‘snappy’ to take a screen-shot of bbc.com.
        > <?php   /* Tested on Ubuntu 10.0.4, requires PHP 5.3 */   namespace
        > Knplabs\Snappy;   require_once('Knplabs/Snappy/Media.php');
        > require_once('Knplabs/Snappy/Image.php');   /* 'wkhtmltoimage' executable
        > is located in the current directory */ $snap = new Image('./wkhtmltoimage');
        >   /* Displays the bbc.com website index page screen-shot in the browser */
        > header("Content-Type: image/jpeg"); $snap->output('http://www.bbc.com');
        > ?>
        > Please respond as early as possible.I need to submit this task in 1-2 days.
        >
        > Thanks in advance

        *-Regards
        MUHAMMED ANAS. I
        *
        * <anas@...> **anas@...*
        * anas@...*
        * anas.muhammed@... *
        * mail2anas@...
        **+919496371048*
        *
        *
        *
        *
        *Think before you print...........*

        Save trees, Save Vegetation, Save Humanity..
        ü *Please do not print this e-mail unless it is absolutely necessary. *
        *SAVE PAPER. Protect the Environment. * P
      • vijaya lakshmi Vulli
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 16, 2012
          Hi Anas,
          Thanks for your response.Can you please provide code for that in Linux.

          thanks in advance

          ________________________________
          You can use php's wget function to snap shot of website. If u wanna
          snapshot web pages in the backend, u can use curl of php and making a
          crone to execute it in fixed time intervals.

          On 2/16/12, vijaya lakshmi Vulli <vijayalakshmivulli@...> wrote:
          > Hi Friends,
          >
          >    I am new to shell scripting in php.I have got one task like Taking
          > screenshots of websites in PHP.I have found solutions in windows based but I
          > need  in linux and also foind some of the apis which are expensive.I also
          > find some convertion in the following url.
          >
          > URL :http://www.codediesel.com/php/taking-screenshots-of-websites-in-php/
          >
          > Can you please let me know how to use functionality in my application.Can
          > you pls let me know step by step where to place snappy and
          > wkhtmltoimage-i386 files and
          > where to I need to call following code..
          >

          > Code :
          >
          > shell_exec('./wkhtmltoimage --quality 50 http://www.bbc.com bbc.jpg');
          > Below is a short code using ‘snappy’ to take a screen-shot of bbc.com.
          > <?php   /* Tested on Ubuntu 10.0.4, requires PHP 5.3  */   namespace
          > Knplabs\Snappy;   require_once('Knplabs/Snappy/Media.php');
          > require_once('Knplabs/Snappy/Image.php');   /* 'wkhtmltoimage' executable
          > is located in the current directory */ $snap = new Image('./wkhtmltoimage');
          >   /* Displays the bbc.com website index page screen-shot in the browser */
          > header("Content-Type: image/jpeg"); $snap->output('http://www.bbc.com');
          > ?>
          > Please respond as early as possible.I need to submit this task in 1-2 days.
          >
          > Thanks in advance

          *-Regards
                MUHAMMED ANAS. I
          *