Re: Welcome to php-mefi

  • Brian Short
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 24, 2003
      Is anyone out there?

      -Brian Short

      php-mefi Moderator wrote:

      >Welcome to the php-mefi group.

      >Posting address: php-mefi@yahoogroups.com

      >If you are interested in contributing to the project, please post once to introduce yourself, and give a brief statement about your specific interests and your coding skills, particularly as regards PHP, SQL implementations, and hosted communities.
      >
      >Regards,
      >
      >Moderator, php-mefi

      >.

    • Steve Miller
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 24, 2003
        I am...

        Steve_At_Linnwood

        On 1/24/03 12:34 PM, "Brian Short" <list@...> wrote:

        > Is anyone out there?
        >
        > -Brian Short
        >

        > php-mefi Moderator wrote:
        >
        >> Welcome to the php-mefi group.

        >> Posting address: php-mefi@yahoogroups.com

        >> If you are interested in contributing to the project, please post once to
        >> introduce yourself, and give a brief statement about your specific interests
        >> and your coding skills, particularly as regards PHP, SQL implementations, and
        >> hosted communities.
        >>
        >> Regards,
        >>
        >> Moderator, php-mefi

        >> .

        Si vis pacem, para bellum
        (Let him who desires peace prepare for war)

        - Flavius Vegetius Renatus
      • Brian Short
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 24, 2003
          Hi Steve,

          Prompted by Matt's recent comment
          (http://metatalk.metafilter.com/mefi/2958#60235) I'm feeling rather
          inspired to try and get this project started back up.

          If anyone else is interested, post to this list, and we'll see where we
          should go from there.

          Ideally I'd like to use the existing sourceforge project
          (http://sourceforge.net/projects/php-mefi/) that has been dead for quite
          some time. If anyone that's still on this list is an admin on that
          project, could you add me as a developer? My sourceforge id is
          "bshort1974" (without, of course, the quotes).

          It seems like the basic functionality that Metafilter provides is drop
          dead simple, and getting an initial 0.1 release out the door should be
          fairly trivial. I've been reading through the old postings on this list
          and it looked like people were really getting bogged down in details of
          organization(!), feature set, etc.

          Is anybody with me on this?

          -Brian

          Steve Miller wrote:

          >I am...
          >

          >Steve_At_Linnwood
          >

          >On 1/24/03 12:34 PM, "Brian Short" <list@...> wrote:
          >

          >>Is anyone out there?
          >>
          >>-Brian Short
          >>

          >>php-mefi Moderator wrote:
          >>

          >>>Welcome to the php-mefi group.

          >>>Posting address: php-mefi@yahoogroups.com

          >>>If you are interested in contributing to the project, please post once to
          >>>introduce yourself, and give a brief statement about your specific interests
          >>>and your coding skills, particularly as regards PHP, SQL implementations, and
          >>>hosted communities.
          >>>
          >>>Regards,
          >>>
          >>>Moderator, php-mefi

          >>>.

        • Mihir
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 24, 2003
            <quote who="Brian Short">

            > Is anyone out there?
            >
            > -Brian Short

            I am around, I am not very good at PHP yet, but I am better than I was the
            last time this group was active.

            (riffola)

            -- Mihir
          • Holloway
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 24, 2003
              > Is anyone out there?

              Guh.

              .Matthew "Not talented enough to be a pianist" Cruickshank
              http://holloway.co.nz
            • nick@servint.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 28, 2003
                Hi all,

                Please keep me in this mailing list. I'd love to help if I can.

                -Nick

                On 0, Brian Short <list@...> wrote:

                > Hi Steve,
                >
                > Prompted by Matt's recent comment
                > (http://metatalk.metafilter.com/mefi/2958#60235) I'm feeling rather
                > inspired to try and get this project started back up.
                >
                > If anyone else is interested, post to this list, and we'll see where we
                > should go from there.
                >
                > Ideally I'd like to use the existing sourceforge project
                > (http://sourceforge.net/projects/php-mefi/) that has been dead for quite
                > some time. If anyone that's still on this list is an admin on that
                > project, could you add me as a developer? My sourceforge id is
                > "bshort1974" (without, of course, the quotes).
                >
                > It seems like the basic functionality that Metafilter provides is drop
                > dead simple, and getting an initial 0.1 release out the door should be
                > fairly trivial. I've been reading through the old postings on this list
                > and it looked like people were really getting bogged down in details of
                > organization(!), feature set, etc.
                >
                > Is anybody with me on this?
                >
                > -Brian
                >

                > Steve Miller wrote:
                >
                > >I am...
                > >

                > >Steve_At_Linnwood
                > >

                > >On 1/24/03 12:34 PM, "Brian Short" <list@...> wrote:
                > >

                > >>Is anyone out there?
                > >>
                > >>-Brian Short

              • Holloway
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 29, 2003
                  Is that it?

                  I stay on this list for the humour! What about you guys? ;)

                  .Matthew Cruickshank
                  http://holloway.co.nz
                • Matthew Haughey
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 29, 2003
                    On 1/29/03 10:27 PM, "Holloway" <phpmefi@...> wrote:
                    > Is that it?

                    Hmm. I don't know what the deal is. It's quite alright for anyone to lead,
                    as I'm too busy to take the helm. Seriously, the group is what you all make
                    of it.

                    > I stay on this list for the humour! What about you guys? ;)

                    Matt, did you ever setup a demo site for your phpilter thing? I haven't seen
                    it in action yet.

                    Also, has everyone seen OpenSourceCMS.com? It's a great idea, to setup a
                    server that lets you try out a bunch of different packages, including the
                    admin backends.

                    Matt
                  • Holloway
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 29, 2003
                      > Matt, did you ever setup a demo site for your phpilter thing? I haven't seen
                      > it in action yet.

                      Finally, yes! I sent you a follow-up email about it on the 14th with the admin
                      login so you could try that out. Anyway,

                      http://holloway.co.nz/phpilfer/demo

                      http://holloway.co.nz/phpilfer/demo/index.php?a=adminlog

                      (I'm working on modrewrite support for the next version.)

                      > Also, has everyone seen OpenSourceCMS.com? It's a great idea, to setup a
                      > server that lets you try out a bunch of different packages, including the
                      > admin backends.

                      Playing now. Ta!

                      .Matthew Cruickshank
                      http://holloway.co.nz/twotowers