quick lightsphere tests

  • Amanda McConnaughey
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2006
      quick lightsphere tests
      i had done more shots, but silly me didn't take notes on most of them! these give a pretty good idea though. it was mostly sunny outside w/ large windows behind the sofa and another glass door out of sight on the left. no lights on inside.
      http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rosebud_ae/album?.dir=/d79bre2&.src=ph&.tok=phXcMzEB5ki29Ua4

    • bobbie-bill
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2006
        Beautiful family Amanda. Your puppy is as curious as he can be isn't he? Love your use of Blue. Bobbie
        i had done more shots, but silly me didn't take notes on most of them! these give a pretty good idea though. it was mostly sunny outside w/ large windows behind the sofa and another glass door out of sight on the left. no lights on inside.
        http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rosebud_ae/album?.dir=/d79bre2&.src=ph&.tok=phXcMzEB5ki29Ua4

        Photographic Techniques

        Photography Portrait photographers Photographer

        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2006
          bobbie-bill@... writes:

          > quick lightsphere tests
          > i had done more shots, but silly me didn't take notes on most of them!
          > these give a pretty good idea though. it was mostly sunny outside no lights on
          > inside.
          > http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rosebud_ae/album?.dir=/d79bre2&.src=ph&
          > .tok=phXcMzEB5ki29Ua4

          w/ large windows behind the sofa and another glass door out of sight on the
          left.

          This will corrupt you camera's reading of the light and tell your flash to
          use less light. You must compensate by adding flash or changing your camera's
          location in relation to those windows

          These light modifiers work great. I use the Omni bounce and other bounce type
          reflectors to soften the harsh light of the flash.
          The only problem with them I have found, is that they lose a lot of light.
          You can't expect them to throw sufficient light across a large room, especially
          with a flash that may be less powerful than a high end model.

          If you are going to use this light dome/sphere you must pay particular
          attention to your flash when it tells you that you have dumped all of your power
          load and may have insufficient light falling on your subject. Dark rooms will eat
          up light terribly.

          You are smart to do the tests. Test at various distances and with different
          ISOs.
          Good luck,
          Jerry

          Jerry Spette
          Color Camera Club of Westchester County, New York
          Membership Host www.colorcameraclub.org