RE: [photographic-techniques] Business cards Printing

  • Mario Medrano
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 1, 2005
      Jimmy,
      My card is full color as well, and they didn't have any problems printing it
      I guess some companies have different policies as to how many color you
      can have on a card. Go ahead and email me your card at mariopos@...

      Thanks
      God bless!

      Mario
      From: Jimmy Hughes
      Date: 11/30/05 12:24:44
      To: photographic-techniques@yahoogroups.com

      I print my own, inket photo paper

      Jimmy A. Hughes

      Photographic Techniques

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      Visit your group "photographic-techniques" on the web.

    • Andrea

        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 1, 2005
          I cant remember that's the problem heheheehe.....I will scan my card
          tomorrow and send it to you!

          Ciaoo

          Mario

          Email mariopos@...

          Visit your group "photographic-techniques" on the web.

          Photographic Techniques
          Yahoo! Groups Links

          Andrea

          Photographic Techniques

          photographer
          Photography Portrait photographers Photographer

            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 1, 2005
              Jimmy A. Hughes
              the_number_one_homeinspector@...
              http://home.earthlink.net/~homeinspector/

              Visit your group "photographic-techniques" on the web.

              ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Life
              without art & music? Keep the arts alive today at Network for Good!
              http://us.click.yahoo.com/7zgKlB/dnQLAA/Zx0JAA/UZCslB/TM

            • Larisa Fuchs
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 2, 2005
                Hey guys,

                If you are trying to look seriously professional, real printing (not
                inkjet at home) is the ONLY way to go. Trust me, you can instantly see
                the difference. If you are bidding for jobs and have to hand someone a
                card, it MUST look not only clean and well-designed, but professionally
                printed, as well.

                As for colors: graphic design is not just laying out pretty images in
                photoshop. Any design must either conform to the CMYK printing
                standards (cyan-yellow-magenta-black inks) or be composed of the
                specific colors you want to use. It's not a printer's policy whether
                they reject your card based on a number of colors, but a question of
                how it was designed. You can save money by doing offset printing with
                only one or two colors, but if you hand them something that was
                designed with six, they will laugh at you. Or charge you thousands.

                Your best bet is to have a professional designer if not design your
                card outright (always best), then at least look over it before sending
                it to print. They will be able to tell you if you are making any number
                of common mistakes like the one above before you hit the printer's.

                If anyone has any specific questions, feel free to hit me off-list.
                I've been doing graphic design for over a decade for clients with both
                gargantuan and liliputian budgets. I can usually get pretty impressive
                printing prices, too--especially on postcards (which are so useful to
                us photographers!).

                Larisa Fuchs
                design.photos.events.promotion
                http://www.insight2.com