Re: [photographic-techniques] Candid Shots

  • Baume FotoArte
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2005
      Kenny!

      I love to take candids! I find it helps me hone my composition-on-the-fly and quick-focus skills!

      here are links to my last few "candid" sessions

      Munich, Germany: http://www.pbase.com/baume_1/muc_candids

      Frankfurt, Germany: http://www.pbase.com/baume_1/candids

      When you look at my shots, you can probably tell I like large open areas with lots of people flowing around. I use a longer lense, shutter priority, and position myself so people who don't want their picture taken will have a chance to "walk out of the picture" so to speak. I've been flipped off many times by people who just realized they had their picture taken in a public place...and I normally don't engage those folks, but I remind them it's public and I thought they were worthy so they should feel somewhat proud that I were photoworthy.

      Be prepared to give a business card or take an email address if they want a copy of your picture!

      Hope this helps!

      Evan Baumhofer

      kenny_631 <k.anderson631@...> wrote:
      Does anyone go around taking candids anymore. I want to but am afraid
      people would think I'm sort of a perv. But I would find it amusing to
      catch people doing things un posed and un inhibited while going around
      their daily affairs in town.

      Any suggestions?

      Photographic Techniques

      ---------------------------------

    • J-J
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2005
        What are the German laws about taking pictures of people without their
        explicit agreement ? A crowd scene is not the same as singling out
        individuals . Often any shot wherein appears a recognizable individual can
        not be taken and\or used without his written permission (i.e. model
        release).

        Taking this sort of "candids" for your own personal use is one thing; making
        them viewable on the net is another .

        You may have heard about the Belgian pedophile Dutroux; he did not allow
        photos taken of him in prison to be published showing his face: it was
        blanked out. (He changed his mind later.)

        J-J

        _____

[...]

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "photographic-techniques
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/photographic-techniques> " on the web.

        ibe>

        _____