Printing Large Print from a Negative

  • Mario Medrano
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2005
      Does anyone out there know if a Company that will print like a 20x30 off a
      35mm negative? It's been developed already and I have the negative, but I
      been having a hard time finding a company that will print a large photo off
      a negative strip!

      Thanks,
      Mario

    • Gaz
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2005
        Mario,

        I'm not sure where you are... but there should be heaps.

        I use Created For Life (http://www.createdforlife.com/) based in Australia and they drum scan the neg (or slide) to create a digital image for print.

        The lab is owned by Landscape Tog Ken Duncan (http://www.kenduncan.com)

        Cheers,
        Gaz
        Does anyone out there know if a Company that will print like a 20x30 off a
        35mm negative? It's been developed already and I have the negative, but I
        been having a hard time finding a company that will print a large photo off
        a negative strip!

        Thanks,
        Mario

        Photographic Techniques

      • KPPhotography
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2005
          Pretty much anywhere can do this size. Visit you local Ritz/Wolf Camera
          and it'll cost you around $25 and take about 10 days. Local pro labs
          will charge more but may give slightly better quality. 20x30 is a
          stretch for 35mm, but then again this size print is supposed to be
          viewed at 5-6 feet and not 5-6 inches.

          ==============================
          Karl Peschel
          karl@...
          www.kpphotography.com
          www.kpphotography.blogspot.com
          ==============================

        • grspette66@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2005
            In a message dated 8/1/05 6:25:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time, gaz@...
            writes:

            > Does anyone out there know if a Company that will print like a 20x30 off a
            > 35mm negative? It's been developed already and I have the negative, but I
            > been having a hard time finding a company that will print a large photo off
            > a negative strip!
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Mario

            go to the back of any Photo magazine and you will find many ads for large
            blowups.
            Jerry Spette
            Color Camera Club of Westchester County, New York
            Membership Host www.colorcameraclub.org