speedlight sb-600 equivalent

  • Haley Valdes
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 5, 2005
      Hey everyone! I recently bought a Nikon D70 and have been looking at
      the Speedlight flashes specifically designed (or so they say) for the
      cameras. My question is, is there cheaper contemporary to this product?
    • grspette66@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 6, 2005
        haley@... writes:

        > Hey everyone! I recently bought a Nikon D70 and have been looking at
        > the Speedlight flashes specifically designed (or so they say) for the
        > cameras. My question is, is there cheaper contemporary to this product?

        You may want to check with the Metz flashes for computability.
        I would also call B & H photo/video for their advice.

        Personally, I have found the Nikon Speedlight series to be well above any
        after market products.
        Jerry Spette
        Color Camera Club of Westchester County, New York
        Membership Host www.colorcameraclub.org

      • peter online
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 6, 2005
          Haley Valdes wrote:

          > Hey everyone! I recently bought a Nikon D70 and have been looking at
          > the Speedlight flashes specifically designed (or so they say) for the
          > cameras. My question is, is there cheaper contemporary to this product?

          Ask your dealer for METZ flash lights, look here:
          http://www.metz.de/en/photo_electronics/

          Many professionals around the world use METZ devices, and many are
          compatible with adapters to different cameras.

          This one costs about 240,- Euros* ($US 290,-) & it's good - look:
          <http://www.metz.de/en/photo_electronics/mecablitz_44_AF-4.176.html>
          *in Germany
          see also recommendations, type in your camera model:
          <http://www.metz.de/en/photo_electronics/flashlight_recommendations.142.html>
        • peter online
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 6, 2005
            Haley Valdes wrote:

            > I recently bought a Nikon D70 ... [...] My question is, is there
            > cheaper contemporary to this product?

            Ask your dealer for METZ flash lights, look here:
            http://www.metz.de/en/photo_electronics/

            Many professionals around the world use METZ devices, and many are
            compatible with adapters to different cameras.

            This one costs about 240,- Euros* ($US 290,-) & it's good - look:
            <http://www.metz.de/en/photo_electronics/mecablitz_44_AF-4.176.html>
            *in Germany
            see also recommendations, type in your camera model:
            <http://www.metz.de/en/photo_electronics/flashlight_recommendations.142.html>
          • Baume FotoArte
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 6, 2005
              the SB-600 >IS< the cheaper contemporary, as you say, to the SB-800. The selling point of the SB-6/800 is the digital sync/TTL metering --you're not going to have that capability with non-digital flashes. I'd say stick with the SB-600 if you can't afford the SB-600.

              Haley Valdes <haley@...> wrote:Hey everyone! I recently bought a Nikon D70 and have been looking at
              the Speedlight flashes specifically designed (or so they say) for the
              cameras. My question is, is there cheaper contemporary to this product?

              Photographic Techniques

              "Baume"
              01762-515-9492

              http://www.pbase.com/baume_1