Fall Greetings!!

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2004
      Hi all!

      Do you know the procedure on turning a color photo to b & w and then
      keeping or making say the flower a certain color?

      I would so appreciate someone letting me know how to do this
      procedure. It can be so creative!

      Thanks!

      Loving the Fall in Colorado, Sheri
    • Julia Countryman
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2004
        Hi Sheri!

        It's easy!

        1. Create a new layer by copying the background layer
        2. Using the polygonal lasso tool, select the area that you want to keep in
        color, right click and choose "select Inverse", then hit the delete key to
        remove the area that you don't want to keep.
        3. Switch to the original background layer and desaturate this layer.
        4. Save this file (as a .psd)
        5. Save a copy as a .jpg
        5. Select Layers-->merge down, and resave.

        This is off the top of my head--let me know if you have any questions!

        I have a nice example of this on my main page of my website at
        www.dreamcatcher-media.com

        Julia Countryman
        DreamCatcher Media ( www.dreamcatcher-media.com
        <http://www.dreamcatcher-media.com> )
        Photography and Videography http://www.dreamcatchermedia.PhotoReflect.com
        <http://www.dreamcatchermedia.PhotoReflect.com>
        951-659-6057 or 949-244-7060
        Join Doug's list at http://dougslist.dreamcatcher-media.com/forums/
        <http://dougslist.dreamcatcher-media.com/forums/>
        "Resentment is like taking poison and hoping the other person dies."-- St.
        Augustine

        Do you know the procedure on turning a color photo to b & w and then
        keeping or making say the flower a certain color?

        I would so appreciate someone letting me know how to do this
        procedure. It can be so creative!

        Thanks!

        Loving the Fall in Colorado, Sheri

        Photographic Techniques
        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • KPPhotography
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2004
          In Photoshop - Open color image, duplicate background layer, Desaturate,
          Add a Layer mask, paint with Black (use brush, pen whatever) to have
          color show thru.

          =======================
          Karl Peschel
          karl@...
          www.kpphotography.com
          =======================

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 3, 2004
            Wow--this took 2 days to get through the servers!

            Julia Countryman
            DreamCatcher Media ( www.dreamcatcher-media.com
            <http://www.dreamcatcher-media.com> )
            Photography and Videography http://www.dreamcatchermedia.PhotoReflect.com
            <http://www.dreamcatchermedia.PhotoReflect.com>
            951-659-6057 or 949-244-7060
            Join Doug's list at http://dougslist.dreamcatcher-media.com/forums/
            <http://dougslist.dreamcatcher-media.com/forums/>
            "Resentment is like taking poison and hoping the other person dies."-- St.
            Augustine
            "Miracles start to happen when you give as much energy to your dreams as you
            do to your fears." --Richard Wilkins

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 4, 2004
              Wow!! thanks so very much. Really appreciate it! Will try it
              tonight after work!

              Sheri

              --- In photographic-techniques@yahoogroups.com, KPPhotography