Metering with white

  • Jamco
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2004
      on 12/29/03 9:57 PM, photographic-techniques@yahoogroups.com at
      photographic-techniques@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > Can someone tell me how can I balance the light so that the subject and the
      > white material can be evened out.

      Go up to the black skin and meter that alone- close up

      Then return to original position and frame the shot and ignore the meter.

      Open up half stop anyway also to bracket and get highlights in black.

      The white will be washed out out just as it was before-
      can't get any whiter-like my teeth :-D

      Try photographing skiers on a sunny day- that will REALLY blow your
      mind/meter.

      Happy New Year All!

      Jamie

      --
      Make it a great 2004!
      I hope it opens up the door

      For unique and special gifts using your photos and their memories please
      click here http://www.jam-sessions.biz Then go to ARTWORK