Re: [photographic-techniques] Hello!

  • Gregory david Stempel FIREFRAMEi m a g i
    Message 1 of 29 , Nov 1, 2003
      Welcome to the club Sheri.

      What's your favourite photography subject?

      Take care,
      Gregory david Stempel
      FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g
      www.americanphotojournalist.com
      "The brave ones were shooting the enemy, the crazy ones were shooting film"
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 29 , Nov 1, 2003
        Hi David,

        Well, my favorite is scenic, mainly because I am so very much in love with where I live.

        Also, grew up with my dad being a scenic photographer since before I was born and trampling around with him.

        I am a gardener as well and I just began photographing flowers this year as my spring garden was spectacular.

        I have a good camera, Cannon Rebel 2000, and a cheap digital which I have just had since spring and now wanting that Rebel Digital.

        But I need to learn so much. Need to upgrade that digital. Have a good zoom but need a macro and wide angle for around here.

        Anyway, you can see some of my stuff here. Also, like to play with photo shop and paint shop pro! Still learning!!

        http://imageevent.com/sheri_s_world/sherisworld

        http://imageevent.com/sheri_s_world/myphotographyart;jsessionid=ufiiwetjx1.chipmunk_s

        Thanks for asking!
        Sheri

        Gregory david Stempel FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g <fyrframe@...> wrote:
        Welcome to the club Sheri.

        What's your favourite photography subject?

        Take care,
        Gregory david Stempel
        FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g
        www.americanphotojournalist.com
        "The brave ones were shooting the enemy, the crazy ones were shooting film"

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Photographic Techniques

        Sheri ~ Agape!

        Message 3 of 29 , Nov 2, 2003
          Sheri,

          Mt. Sneffels was my favorite. Good even lighting overall which is important
          in floral photograhy. Although your backgrounds were not intrusive for the
          most part, it is nice when they appear more softer. Did you say you had a
          macro lens?

          Are you also on one of the photoshop lists? Are the photoshop images created
          entirely in PS or do you add some of the effects from another program?

          My wife is a neurosurgical nurse, her entire family were all doctors or
          nurses in Colorado Springs. Her mom still lives there and we visit every
          year. Maybe we can hook up for a coffee next year.

          Message 4 of 29 , Nov 2, 2003
            Hi Gregory!

            Yes, I am on other lists re: photography. I see you in some as well. Thank you for taking a look at my photo's. As I said, I have so much to learn. I need a macro lense. Will be nice for next spring. The flowers were with my 2.1 digital. Not too good but I had fun! Have to be real still. Sometimes there was a breeze.

            Also, what I did with the flowers was in psp. Mostly was a first time sitting. Had a blast. I am thinking I might like psp better than photo shop.

            I live on the Western part of the State, think I mentioned it but not sure. I was born in Denver but never lived there much. I embrase this part of the country. Thankful every day and even sometimes more than once per day and breathe in the beauty of it all. Especially when I drive to town and see the San Juans. I have loved it here since a kid!

            Going up to Telluride and past tomorrow. Snow!!! Yeah!!!
            Winter driving warning - but I have my faithful jeep. Trout Lake will be awesome.

            Be back in four days. Yes, lets have some coffee when you guys are in the area. We have some really neat coffee places popping up here!

            Message 5 of 29 , Jan 28, 2005
              i was wondering if someone could help me?

              i was at a mall a few years ago, and someone there took my picture.
              then, they used some kind of new technology, and they were able to use
              my photo, and "copy" it over and transpose it on to a coffee mug. it
              looked life-like, and it sure was amazing to me.

              does anyone know what this technology is called? or if there are any
              websites out there related to this technique? i am from the dallas,
              texas area.

              thanks in advance for your assistance!!!
            • Julie Countryman
              Message 6 of 29 , Jan 28, 2005
                Hi There!

                It's called dye sublimation. Google on Dye-sublimation techniques or
                technology and you'll get a bunch of results. The press and supplies for
                making dye-sublimation mugs runs around $1500 for a good one.

                We can do that all for you as well :)

                Julia Countryman
                DreamCatcher Media, Inc. Photography and Videography
                <http://www.dreamcatcher-media.com> Catching The Times of Your Life!!!
                Phone/FAX: 951-659-6057
                email: info@... <mailto:info@...>
                ----
                I consciously open my heart and mind and know
                that my life is all I ever dreamed it would be.
                ----

                i was wondering if someone could help me?

                i was at a mall a few years ago, and someone there took my picture.
                then, they used some kind of new technology, and they were able to use
                my photo, and "copy" it over and transpose it on to a coffee mug. it
                looked life-like, and it sure was amazing to me.

                does anyone know what this technology is called? or if there are any
                websites out there related to this technique? i am from the dallas,
                texas area.

                thanks in advance for your assistance!!!

                Photographic Techniques
                Yahoo! Groups Links

              • nizguyk@sbcglobal.net
                Message 7 of 29 , Jan 28, 2005
                  i work full time already.

                  but i am in the process of possibly starting a different business, and
                  want to see if these techniques can be used on this new product i am
                  creating.

                  i will keep you in mind.

                  i now need to do some research...

                  oh, thanks for the prompt reply.
                • Greg Vincent
                  Message 8 of 29 , Jun 17, 2007
                    I hate to say it, but my experience is that you can’t take pictures of old things with new cameras. Case in point – I have tried some self portraits with my new digital cameras and the results are nowhere as good as they used to be back in the 1970’s with manual focus film cameras. The field of view required by these new small sensors makes me look a bit pudgier than on film and there must be fault cracks in the sensor glass because I have lines in my face that didn’t show up before.

                    However, a couple of things you might try are 1) if your camera has different scenes settings, select the night mode; 2) if you can adjust all settings, try a high ISO such as 800 or 1600 plus a fairly open aperture of f4.0 or f2.8 and a slow shutter speed. That’s just a rough starting pint. You will have to brace the camera or place it on a bench or whatever is handy to reduce camera shake/blur. Try a few sample shots and check the results before you go and spend a whole lot of time on the project.

                    By the way, my wife read this and says the self-portrait results have nothing to do with the camera, all blame is placed squarely on the photographer/model J J

                    Regards,

                    Greg

                    > From: venkat chalam <vsevs@...>
                    > Date: 2007/06/13 Wed PM 10:09:57 CDT
                    > To: photographic-techniques@yahoogroups.com
                    > Subject: [photographic-techniques] Help
                    >
                    > Hi All,
                    > I bought a Sony DSC H9 camera two weeks back.I
                    > don't know the settings for shooting a place like old
                    > temple.Can anybody help me on this liek what should be
                    > the settigns for taking a historic mnuments.
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    > Venkat.

                    > Got a little couch potato?
                    > http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=oni_on_mail&p=summer+activities+for+kids&cs=bz

                  • brigitte stahre
                    Message 9 of 29 , Jun 17, 2007
                      i do believe your wife is wrong.. these high megapixel cameras certainly do distort things.. I know they make my self portraits much larger than my old kodac did.. the color's are all off too every self portait i tried comes out with all this gray..
                      brigitte stahre maine
                      krause234@...
                      www.geocities.com/Heartland/Flats/2852
                      www.canine-epilepsy.com/

                      http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/MA226.html
                      friends of the animals bt rescue
                      www.boxerbuddies.org
                      www.betterphoto.com?willow56

                    • Sheila Crosby
                      Message 10 of 29 , Jun 17, 2007
                        Ever since that bloke kissed my neck at a party, I just can't seem to do a
                        self-portrait in the mirror. But then I always used to have trouble with
                        my own shadow getting into the shot, and that doesn't seem to happen any
                        more.

                        Sheila

                        Message 11 of 29 , Feb 8, 2012
                          Hello, I am starting my own photography Business.
                          I am looking for two soft ware type.

                          one it I am looking for a program that allows me to Take pictures.
                          and as soon as it does it puts it on my computer screen. at one time I
                          had a program that did that and I down loaded it for free on the internet. but I do not know what it was. I think it was something like bibble or something like that I think... does any one know what this is or something that will work like that? and I am looking for a program that will let me set appointments and do invoices and it will print it out with the pictures that I took and with price. and allows you to e-mail them. and lets you do CC payments? can any one help with this if so please post back or shoot me a email please thank you...
                        • George Starr
                          Message 12 of 29 , Feb 8, 2012

                            I think Express Digital Dark room will do everthing you ask, except for maybe the CC processing.

                            Message 13 of 29 , Feb 8, 2012
                              If you have a Canon then that program is on your disk that came with the camera. Canon Utilities. I have no idea if Nikon supplies one. Otherwise Lightroom 3 (or soon 4) and Capture One both provide that functionality but neither is the least bit free.

                              BK

                              "As an artist, my interest lies in pictures and in the technical procedure required to produce them..."
                              --Ansel Adams

                              J Bryan Krämer       North Florida, USA
                              photos at: http://pbase.com/photoburner
                              blog at: http://www.photoburner.net

                              On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 15:13, kcphotography40@... <kcphotography40@...> wrote:
                              Hello, I am starting my own photography Business.
                              I am looking for two soft ware type.

                              one it I am looking for a program that allows me to Take pictures.
                              and as soon as it does it puts it on my computer screen. at one time I
                              had a program that did that and I down loaded it for free on the internet. but I do not know what it was. I think it was something like bibble or something like that I think... does any one know what this is or something that will work like that? and I am looking for a program that will let me set appointments and do invoices and it will print it out with the pictures that I took and with price. and allows you to e-mail them. and lets you do CC payments? can any one help with this if so please post back or shoot me a email please thank you...

                              <*> Your email settings:
                                 Individual Email | Traditional

                              <*> To change settings online go to:
                                 (Yahoo! ID required)

                              <*> To change settings via email:
                                 photographic-techniques-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                 photographic-techniques-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                            • Kenneth Cain

                                  Message 16 of 29 , Feb 8, 2012
                                    I am just starting out this is the camera I have now

                                    Nikon D5100

                                    Message 17 of 29 , Feb 9, 2012
                                      OK then the Canon Utilities are out, try using your search engine on this:

                                      Nikon D5100 tethering

                                      That should find any Nikon apps which support tethered shooting, which is what you want to do. I don't know anything about CC apps tho. Otherwise you'll have to buy a copy of either Lightroom 3 or Capture One.