Re: [photographic-techniques] Snow White Beaches

  • Mark Alan Dando
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2003
      Slaughter, The problem may not even be your exposure! Most photo labs analyze your negatives based on what they think is natural. So if you are photographing people in your scenes, ask your lab to print for human skin tones, otherwise they indeed are trying to print your photos to what they think sand should look like, [brown]. While photographing your scenes ,make sure your exposure is indeed correct for the situation. I find the best times to photograph is early in the morning [first two hours of the day] and the dusk hours or [last two hours of any day] although if you're working with people its difficult to convince them they should get up early for the pretty light!

      MARK