Some good advice-10 frame rule

  • J Bryan Kramer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2013
      From the military photographer of the year:

      "I used to be a spastic shooter who'd shoot a picture, and move, shoot another picture, and move again. It wasn't until one of my mentors suggested I slow down, stay in the moment, and follow through that I self-implemented the 10 Frame Methodology. It is my guideline for solving nearly all photographic problems while on assignment. The concept is simple. Slow down and become more deliberate in your photography. Spend more time looking and less time shooting. Once you've found the ideal composition, sit and wait for the right moment. Let the action come to you. Make 10 frames without moving your composition...."

      BK

      Photography, as we all know, is not real at all. It is an illusion of reality with which we create our own private world.
      Arnold Newman

      J Bryan Krämer       North Florida, USA
      photos at: http://pbase.com/photoburner
      blog at: http://www.photoburner.net