Nashville Symphony Gala Event

  • John Ford
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2011
      I was on assignment to shoot the:
      "Grand Re-Opening Of Schermerhorn Symphony Center" in Nashville TN on 12-31-2010.

      They were celebrating a 42 million dollar restoration after the Nashville flood of May 2010. I was there to shoot society grip and grin shots. I didn't know I would have the opportunity to shoot the hall during the concert.

      I had left my tripod in my car, a few blocks away and no time to go after it. This is handheld and put my D200 to the test. Boy, did I wish I had a D7000 that evening:
      http://www.pbase.com/sfzjohn/image/131589736/large

      John Ford
      http://www.pbase.com/sfzjohn
    • John Ford
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 27, 2012
        My first posted edit in Lightroom 4. It really works well! I shot this handheld at the Grand Re-Opening Of Schermerhorn Symphony Center: http://www.pbase.com/sfzjohn/image/131589736/large

        John Ford
        http://www.pbase.com/sfzjohn
      • 23739c94a7f3a6a9b7dcc91ebcbd8531
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 22

          I've sung with the Nashville Symphony Chorus in the Schermerhorn Symphony Center since it first opened in 2006. This pic is a reprocessed version from the grand reopening of the hall on New Years Eve after the historic Nashville flood of 2010. I may never be able to take a shot like this again. I would love to shoot with my current Nikon D500 rather than my now ancient Nikon D200. Click on the heading below to see it in a large size and un-cropped:

          http://www.pbase.com/sfzjohn/image/131589736/original

          Grand Re-Opening Of Schermerhorn Symphony Center - 12-31-2010 Celebrating the 42 million dollar restoration after the flood of May 2010
          PBASE.COM