Re: [photographic-techniques] Protecting private property

  • llamattude@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2010
      Thanks all for your replies. I had not thought of stalking. Here is the bulk of our story. We have goats, lived on this place seven years people has planted next to us since we have lived here. Never had a problem with goats getting out.

      This man moves next to us three years ago and strangely one goat started jumping over the fence off the bat. He comes over here having never meet him and first words out of his mouth was calling me fowl names. I didn't know what to say as no one has ever talked to me like that before and I have been talked to pretty bad in past jobs. We start trying everything to keep this one goat off his land. Over the years we have spend $6000 in fence replacement and repair. He claims that one goat was eating his 100 acres of beans.

      The only photos I have taken over there were the beans, which had not been eaten but just not growing. My research showed goats generally do not eat beans, most everything else not beans. That area also floods enough to wash seeds away. The other photo that I got was tire tracks dug into the dirt next to our fence where it had been cut. I did take pictures of the fence where it had been cut as well. They would stay off the land next to us for several weeks and we would find the fence cut. We did sell the one that was getting out, we also walk the fence every afternoon and they have on been over there in three months now.

      The latest was one of our goats head got stuck in the fence. Rather than call us and say you have a goat in the fence. He takes pictures calls animal control and says it was cruelty. We did not know she was in the fence, we could not hear her from here and it is not a huge field. The police comes to our door talking about this picture he saw of the goat in the fence. We walk out and he could not even hear her until we got closer. He admitted he could see where we wouldn't know and we got her out of the fence and all is well.

      He agreed this just happens sometime. It was a case of trying to get us in trouble, which didn't and took the cops away from another call, when a simple call would have taken care of things.

      The next thing that has been new this year. I shut and lock our doors when we leave, I come home and the door is wide open. I'm thinking I'm crazy or something. One day ny son stays home while I'm with my other at one place my husband at another. My son calls and says this an just tried to break in our house. We did make a report of that. My son described his golf cart and what he could of this guy. The cops go over there and said his clothes didn't match (he could have changed) and that he claimed the golf cart didn't work (the next day we saw him riding it). I think he was coming in taking pictures of our house. The only way I can prove that is to see his computer, assuming he has one since he has a digital camera.

      That is the story, this has been going on for three years, him messing with our fence, taking pictures of everything over here, even the thought of him breaking in our house. (Nothing is ever missing.) We are investing in a wildlife camera to try and catch him trying to break in. Something is not right and I don't know him, my husband just knows of him. As for his age my husband says he is around his age 50, but he looks like he is getting close to 70.

      Thanks, sorry this is so long. But this guy really scares me. He has in fact threatened me on more than one occasion as well. At which we have had some animals to dye of strange deaths in the last two weeks.

      Karla

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: david <dcalvin41@...>
      Sender: photographic-techniques@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 22:24:08 -0700
      To: <photographic-techniques@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: photographic-techniques@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [photographic-techniques] Protecting private property

      To me that sounds like harassment, stalking or possibly a peeping tom.  Maybe a visit to the local police department or the city prosecuting attorney to discuss the issue.  That should cost you nothing except time.  Lawyers charge.

      BTW how old is he?

      David

      On Jun 30, 2010, at 4:42 PM, llamattude@bellsout h.net wrote:

      Thanks, actually there is an issue of who the property next to us belongs to. He says him, the deed says someone else.

      I was hoping there was something we could do. It is really getting out of hand with this guy. I can't even go to the bathroom so to speak without him knowing and taking pictures.

      Thanks
      Karla

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: J Bryan Kramer <codeburner@gmail. com>
      Sender: photographic- techniques@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 19:29:52 -0400
      To: <photographic- techniques@ yahoogroups. com>
      ReplyTo: photographic- techniques@ yahoogroups. com

      Not in the US, if you are on public property or your own property you can take a photo of it, with a few exceptions.

      You might see a lawyer about other ways to stop him, maybe a restraining order.

      BK

      On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 18:42, <llamattude@bellsout h.net> wrote:
      I have a question.

      I have a neighbor that is always taking photos of our property. We feel it is an invasion of privacy. He has used some of those photos to show law enforcement trying to get us in trouble for something. Luckily nothing has been founded.

      Is there anything we can do?

      Thanks
      Karla
      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/photograph ic-techniques/ join
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         photographic- techniques- digest@yahoogrou ps.com
         photographic- techniques- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

         http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

    • llamattude@bellsouth.net

        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 1, 2010
          Or you could go and start taking pictures of his property whether you keep them or not or wait for him to come out and take a picture of him taking pictures of you, it will make him think I am sure

          Life is hard, wear a helmet

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 1, 2010
            Yes this is definately stalking and harrassment.  Keep an eye on this guy because he could be trouble.  He obviously is watching your house because he knows when your not home.  The wildlife camera is a good idea and if you see him on your property don't hesitate to call the police and I would go for a protection as well as restraining order once you get hard evidence.  I don't know where you live but if he had a golf cart and the police showed up and took his word that it didn't run as for having law enforcement experience of 20 some years I would have said let me check.  If you could have got a snap shot of him driving it the next day they could have cited him for false information.  Get those cameras out there and start surveilance on this guy from your property of course lol.  I think a little of his own medicine and maybe some legalities stepping in might take care of his boring lifestyle lol.  Good luck with this mission you have ahead of you lol.  To bad your stuck living next to this guy.

            Life is hard, wear a helmet

            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 1, 2010
              Thanks.

              When he tried to come in with my son the camera was right there by him and he was so scared he didn't see it.

              Thanks for all the advice, it has been really helpful.

              Karla

              Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

              From: Rich Hoskins <dmxdragon2@...>
              Sender: photographic-techniques@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 07:22:18 -0700 (PDT)
              To: <photographic-techniques@yahoogroups.com>

                From: Rich Hoskins <dmxdragon2@...>
                Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 07:22:18 -0700 (PDT)

                From: J Bryan Kramer <codeburner@gmail. com>
                Sender: photographic- techniques@ yahoogroups. com
                Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 19:29:52 -0400
                To: <photographic- techniques@ yahoogroups. com>

                --
                http://lapalmaisland.sheilacrosby.com - A Small Rock in the Atlantic
                http://greatlandscapephotography.com - Great Landscape Photography
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 1, 2010
                  Just a word of caution, I've been following this with interest b/c a friend went through something very similar - it is good to get the photos etc. but be as discreet and non-threatening about it as possible. In my friend's case the whole thing escalated into a really scary situation and ended in court. Rather than backing off the other guy became more bold and intrusive. You may want to seek legal advice and be sure to document dates, days and times. I wish you all the best.
                  Gay M

                  From: Rich Hoskins <dmxdragon2@yahoo. com>
                  Sender: photographic- techniques@ yahoogroups. com
                  Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 07:22:18 -0700 (PDT)