Kitchen Tableau

  • John Ford
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2010
      Playing with my Nikon SB800 speedlight on a stand this morning. This bottle of wine has been on a small table in the kitchen for a year or so. BTW, the bottle was given to my wife as a birthday gift from one of her long time girl friends. No way I could have given her this gift and live to tell the story:
      http://www.pbase.com/sfzjohn/image/125141738/original

      John Ford
      www.pbase.com/sfzjohn
    • momad30044@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2010
        I couldn't find a place to comment on Pbase.  I LOVED it!  I thought the lighting was just splendid.

        Debbie
      • johnpford@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2010
          Debbie,

          Glad you liked it, Thanks!

          Sorry, I made an executive decision several years ago to tern off the comments in PBase as it leads to a cluttered page. For me, the image is the thing. I win some, lose some. I'd rather you get the impact of an image on first glance. Thanks again!

          John

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 2, 2010
            John, your photo is spot on as is your assessment of you being able to give this to your wife!!!

            Side note, I once gave one of my best unmarried friends a liqueur called "Hot Sex". It was so good that she went to a small rural shop for another bottle. The shop was staffed by two older men so she looked everywhere preferring not to ask if they could help.

            "If you tell us what you are looking for, we'll help you." She gulped and said that she was looking for Hot Sex......they looked dumbfounded as you can expect - just at that moment a younger guy came from the back and said he knew exactly what she was looking for and led her to the right shelf. She swears that as she left the two older men still had this stunned look that followed her right out the door!

            I think you should get a bottle of "Fat Bastard" to set beside the "Bitch" for a really funny photo!
            Gay