Yellow Scarf

  • sfzjohn37205
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2009
      From a fashion accessory shoot for a fabric artist with a model on 10-27-09. Here's another sample image from that shoot:
      http://www.pbase.com/sfzjohn/image/119024556/original

      I went back to Shan Canfield's, (Photoshop Mama) makeup techniques for this one. Also, her slip layer technique is invaluable on the background.

      Would like to hear your comments on this image.

      Hint: Hit F11 in your browser to see an image as free of clutter as possible

      John Ford
      www.pbase.com/sfzjohn

      BTW, I got so many replies from the first pic in this series, Hat & Handbag. Much of it was extremely helpful. I copied all the comments into one file, It came to over five pages. It's helped with the edit of this current shot and a re-edit of the prior shot. Comments about exposure and lighting will have to carry over into my next studio shoot. I'll be tweaking changes. Thanks to everyone for you comments and help!
    • J Bryan Kramer
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2009
        Scarf is nice but the eyes look too soft to me. Hard to tell at that size
        tho.

        BK

      • John P Ford
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2009
          Re: Eyes too soft

          I do an eye treatment on final files. Not worth it to go into it on quick web proofs. Here's an example of the eye treatment from a couple of years ago:
          http://www.pbase.com/sfzjohn/image/109417068

          I don't like what I did with a lot of things in this shot but it shows the eye treatment

          John Ford
          www.pbase.com/sfzjohn.

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 4, 2009
            The eyes are sharper there, I suspect it is just an artifact but she almost
            looks like she has vertical pupils. I suspect I see some of things you don't
            like about it tho.

            BK