RE: [photographic-techniques] X-Mas present

  • Baume Foto
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 1, 2009
      Hi Essie - you and I are in similar time zones (I'm in Germany) and I thought your last name sounded a bit germanic :-) you're in South Africa....what a beautiful part of the world.  Unfortunately, I've only been as far south as Congo (and, no, I didn't bring my camera)

      From what I have read, you'd be better off with a D3 -and- a D3X. Your D3 for sports an the D3X for theater work :-)

      regards,
      Evan
      ______________________________
      Evan  Baumhofer alias "Baume"

      www.baumefoto.zenfolio.com
      mobile 01762-515-9492
      baume_fotoarte@...

      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 2, 2009
        Evan, I will be delighted with either so you can send me one..LOL.

        The D3x is estimated at around R100,000 in local currency ( 1$ = around 10+
        Rand) so there is just no way I can afford that or its little (big) brother.

        I can probably get a 2nd hand Canon 5D (full frame) for around 10,000 and
        that has significantly less noise than the D200. Sadly one does not jump
        from one manufacturer to the other and I am very happy with Nikon. Just a
        pity they seem to be the most expensive. Just think if there was a standard
        lens fitting for all DSLR cameras. No I'm afraid I will have to sit with my
        D200 for a while still.

        I started with an Olympus E10 and it had a prism and no mirror so shooting
        in theatre was great because you could not even hear the click and it had
        live view then. (a whole 4Mpix)

        Essie

        Hi Essie - you and I are in similar time zones (I'm in Germany) and I
        thought your last name sounded a bit germanic :-) you're in South
        Africa....what a beautiful part of the world. Unfortunately, I've only been
        as far south as Congo (and, no, I didn't bring my camera)

        From what I have read, you'd be better off with a D3 -and- a D3X. Your D3
        for sports an the D3X for theater work :-)

        regards,
        Evan
        Evan Baumhofer alias "Baume"

        www.baumefoto.zenfolio.com