Trash the Dress-MY way

  • dcscrapinlady@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 25, 2008
      Here are some pics I took last summer with a bunch of teens. We all went
      and bought Prom type dresses and the guys got suits from Goodwill and we
      "trashed" them at the beach on vacation. We had so much fun!!!

      _http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=1217864_
      (http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=1217864)
      <---this one
      _http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=1224579_
      (http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=1224579)
      <---and this one

      Enjoy!

      DebbyC in WA

      In a message dated 5/25/2008 8:17:39 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      baume_fotoarte@... writes:

      hi - your comment arrived a week late. sometimes the emails trickle through
      rather slowly. Oh trash the dress is just a theme a wanted to play up. The
      concept of an elegantly dressed person in a less desirable settings. is
      all--not so much the trashing part.,. Thanks for the compliment!

      Kelly Sullivan <_MarKellyS@..._ (mailto:MarKellyS@...) > wrote:
      Gorgeous photo's and good job on the lighting.?
      Not sure what you mean by trash the dress though....??No
      I thought trashing the dress was getting it wet, dirty or taking pictures in
      a less than desirable location for a high glamour gown.? IE, a pool,
      fountain, beach, city street (blech!!!? that's about as dirty as you can get!) In
      the rain/mud?
      Kelly

      I know most people equate the term "trash the dress" with crazy bridal
      portraits; however, I wanted to do something for fun with decidedly less
      matrimonial over tones. Here's my first TFP session of the spring season with a
      relatively inexperienced German model. I had hoped to capture more images with the
      evening dress, but it it was too "restrictive.I know most people eq

      I used a gold or white sided 42 inch reflector most of the time, model
      either just inside the shade, or with sun at an angle. Though it was early
      afternoon, I liked the warm light of the gold reflector and tried to emulate late
      evening warmth. I would have liked to have shot later in the day, but just
      couldn't. So the challenge was to avoid racoon eyes, hence the use of the
      reflector.

      _http://www.pbase.http://wwwhttp://www.p_
      (http://www.pbase.com/baume_1/trashdress)

      Nikon D200, 80-200 f/2.8 @ ISO 100

[...]

      enjoy!
      regards,
      Evan

      ______________________________
      Evan Baumhofer alias "Baume"
      _http://www.pbase.http://wwwhttp:/&view=view=_
      (http://www.pbase.com/baume_1/root&view=recent)

      _http://www.myspace.http://wwwhttp_ (http://www.myspace.com/baume_foto)

      Heimbachstr 34A
      67716 Heltersberg
      privat 06333-602760
      mobile 01762-515-9492

      _baume_fotoarte@baume_fot_ (mailto:baume_fotoarte@...)

      ______________________________
      Evan Baumhofer alias "Baume"
      _http://www.pbase.http://wwwhttp:/&view=view=_
      (http://www.pbase.com/baume_1/root&view=recent)

      _http://www.myspace.http://wwwhttp_ (http://www.myspace.com/baume_foto)

      Heimbachstr 34A
      67716 Heltersberg
      privat 06333-602760
      mobile 01762-515-9492

      _baume_fotoarte@baume_fot_ (mailto:baume_fotoarte@...)

      Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

    • Amanda
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 5, 2008
        The lighting in the first one is a little TOO harsh. I figure that
        you were going for the edgy hard lighting, but there are blown out
        areas and the shadows don't seem to have enough detail. I like the
        color and light in the second one. It looks like a fun day and would
        love to see more shots.

        Amanda
        www.mcconnaugheyphoto.com

        --- In photographic-techniques@yahoogroups.com, dcscrapinlady@...
        wrote:

        > Here are some pics I took last summer with a bunch of teens. We
        all went
        > and bought Prom type dresses and the guys got suits from Goodwill
        and we
        > "trashed" them at the beach on vacation. We had so much fun!!!
        >
        > _http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?
        cmd=display&layout_id=1217864_
        > (http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?
        cmd=display&layout_id=1217864)
        > <---this one
        > _http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?
        cmd=display&layout_id=1224579_
        > (http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?
        cmd=display&layout_id=1224579)
        > <---and this one
        >
        > Enjoy!
        >
        > DebbyC in WA
      • Lisa Larson
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 5, 2008
          Very interesting concept! I love it (as long as you didn't spend too
          much money on the dresses!)

          Lisa Larson
          llarson@...
          www.larsonphotography.net

        • Baume FotoArte
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 5, 2008
            these do look like a lot of fun!  My favorite was the last picture.  Would love to see more of the same theme!

            Evan  Baumhofer alias "Baume"

            _baume_fotoarte@ baume_fot_ (mailto:baume_fotoarte@ yahoo.com)