Re: [photographic-techniques] Re: Hello

  • Sheila Crosby
    Message 1 of 25 , Sep 1, 2007
      I like your photos Amanda. I think you do have an eye.

      I'm just getting into Photoshop. having recently made the move from film.
      What did you use to smooth out the grain between the second and third shots
      in the "Children's" portfolio.

      And how did you get the circular effect on the thid one from Chad and
      Misty's Wedding?

      Sheila

      --

    • poohztaz
      Message 2 of 25 , Sep 3, 2007
        Hello,

        Thank you very much for your complements. I used a plug in called neat
        image. You can go to www.neatimage.com and download the plug in. All
        I have on my computer is the Demo Edition under downloads. I will
        eventually buy the plug-in but I have been using this for a while and
        it works great. I love the results that I acheive.

        The circular Motion for the photo in Chad and Mistys wedding I used one
        of the filters on Photoshop. Sorry but I'm not sure which one. I
        usually just play with the filters until I find one that works. I have
        started to use the name of the filter I use with the photo but I did
        not do this with this photo. The trick is to play a lot with your
        program and to experiment with the different options.

        Hope this helps.

        Amanda
      • poohztaz
        Message 3 of 25 , Sep 3, 2007
          Hello,

          I enjoyed looked through your photos. I specially enjoyed the black
          and white. You have special talent in this area. Great job!
        • Stacy Huston - LifeHorse
          Message 4 of 25 , Sep 3, 2007
            Does anyone use PhotoShop with Vista? I just got my new laptop and my older
            version of PS doesn't seem to be compatible with it. Which version do I need
            to have?

            Thanks!

            Stacy

          • Sheila Crosby
            Message 5 of 25 , Sep 3, 2007
              Thanks. I'll have a good explore. Like so many of these things, it'¡s a
              matter of making time to do it.

              Sheila

              --
              http://sheilacrosby.com

            • Mike V.
              Message 6 of 25 , Sep 5, 2007
                With CS2 - I was unable to get all buttons to appear within some
                dialog boxes.

                For example, in Print with Preview, the Printer button did not appear.
                So, I was unable to do a "page setup" from within Print with Preview.

                I did a search on "Vista Issues" and "Vista Problems" on Adobe.com
                forums and found that others had different problems. Each issue could
                be considered small to most. But, taken in total, may be a bigger
                issue for some.

                Having some background in operating systems, the above are typically
                small fixes that Adobe could do but has chosen otherwise by saying,
                "we don't support CS2 on Vista," or, in other words, "go buy CS3, you
                dummy."

                So, unfortunately for me, since I print a lot, the "Print with
                Preview" was enough of a problem for me to switch to CS3.

                Michael Valleriano

                --- In photographic-techniques@yahoogroups.com, "Stacy Huston -
                LifeHorse" <stacy@...> wrote:

                > Does anyone use PhotoShop with Vista? I just got my new laptop and
                my older
                > version of PS doesn't seem to be compatible with it. Which version
                do I need
                > to have?
                >

                > Thanks!
                >
                > Stacy

              • Denise Roberts
                Message 7 of 25 , Feb 1, 2012
                  wow this is crazy check it out http://www.headlinetimes2.net/?read=52235
                • louis_11725
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jan 11

                    Hello Group,

                    Sorry if I have not been that active here. I have been working on graphic design and photography.

                    I didn't think there would be enough room to post what I have done, so here are some links to my works, if anyone is interested:

                    My website:

                    http://www.louisabbatepaolo.com/

                    The Long Island Music Hall of Fame

                    http://www.limusichalloffame.org