Re: [photographic-techniques] new member

  • Gary J Sibio
    Message 1 of 43 , Feb 28, 2002
      At 11:10 AM 2/28/02 +0000, you wrote:
      >just purchased an SLR camera and was woundering can
      >you get faster film speed than 400.
      >im interested in watersports photography as i can
      >no longer compete due to injury

      Fastest color that I know of is ISO 1600 (by Fuji).
      Fastest B&W is 3200. (Delta or Ilford, I don't remember.)

      Now, you can push some films. This means to expose them at a higher ISO
      than rated and develop them for a longer time. I haven't done this much so
      I can't tell you which films push very well. When I was in college a friend
      of mine and I pushed Tri-X to ISO 32,000 using the instructions from a
      now-defunct magazine. Results were a tad grainy but it worked.

      Gary J. Sibio
    • brigitte stahre
      Message 43 of 43 , Nov 1, 2007
        bk writes:"Well if you want constructive comments on your photos then at the minimum
        provide some way to reference an individual shot, they have no captions or
        other way to point at one shot. Unless you changed it since I looked the
        first time. Or even better add a commenting feature.
        *******************************
        since you don't refer to a previous letter , i don't know who you are replying to. since i asked for a critique of my work and the above could easily apply to my gallery, i just wanted a critique on technique in general or a comment on any photo that strikes your attention for any reason.. every photo there has the option to leave a comment.
        www.betterphoto.com?willow56

        brigitte stahre maine
        krause234@...
        www.geocities.com/Heartland/Flats/2852