Re: PF members exhibit Sept 07, 2013

  • YGelmanPhoto
    Message 1 of 45 , Sep 7, 2013
      I think this week's collection is very good.

      On Sep 7, 2013, at 11:57 AM, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:

      > The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated Sept. 07, 2013.
      > Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:
      >

      > John Palcewski - Walking
      > I was ready to fault this one for being an image of an image -- until I saw the figure of the woman walking at just the right spot in the frame. The oversized graphic looming over the woman, offering shoes to her, is compelling; what kind of shoes was she wearing anyway?

      > Yoram Gelman - Sloop at Verrazano
      My shot . . .

      > Pini Vollach - Italy
      This shot took up quite a bit of my time while I studied it. Very interesting. . .the different reflections, the scooter and the car, the curvature of the window. But at the end I think the scooter is too close to the car -- for my taste. It blends into the car instead of being an independent object, so the effect of the two vehicles is reduced. But I still like it.

      > Christopher Strevens - Station on the bridge
      Also an interesting shot. . . crisp lines contradicted by the funny triangular form.

      > Bob McCulloch - Beach Pine
      This is a pleasing arrangement of evergreen branches, with pine cones, but to me it is too static.

      > Art Faul -
      This was interesting until I read the techno information followed by the comment referring to some unknown "Jack". Then it all became part of a photographer's locker room banter in some kind of competition for points -- at which it became less interesting. But luckily the image itself kept some interest from sinking.

      ___
      ygelmanphoto@...
      www.ygelmanphoto.com
    • Jan Faul
      Message 45 of 45 , Sep 27, 2013

        It’s like San Francisco without the steep hills. Bear in mind that Italians also drive a lot of Vespas and other scooters and they are thrown into the mix.
        I recall going around the Coliseum on a Vespa and when I turned to see a dark shape on my left I found a Fiat 500 less than 15cm from my mirror. But then, that was before I drove in India, Hong Kong, and Cairo and my advice for those is to hire a driver

        On Sep 27, 2013, at 5:00 PM, visfxsup wrote:

        Oh so its like san Francisco but worse

        Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device